Help in finding a good doctor please ....

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
danny1973

Help in finding a good doctor please ....

Post by danny1973 »

Hi

Does anybody know if you have a choice of doctors in Sydenham ?

I live on Newlands Park and would like recommendations of a good local doctor.

My girlfriend is pregnant ya see !!! :D :D :?:

Thanks.
stuart

Post by stuart »

There are 4 GP practices in SE26:

Sydenham Surgery
2 Sydenham Road (on the railway bridge)
020 8778 8552

Wells Park Practice
1 Wells Park Road
020 8699 2840

Sydenham Green Group Practice
26 Holmshaw Close (nr Savacentre)
020 8676 8836

Sydenham Green Health Centre
26 Holmshaw Close (nr Savacentre)
020 8778 3358

Which one? Well I can only speak of SYD GREEN GROUP PRACTICE which our family has used for nearly 20 years. First class.
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

Congratulations Danny!
I think it depends on which street you live on as each sugery has a catchment area.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Are you sure about catchment areas?

We live in Lawrie Park but use Sydenham Green. I guess the more popular practices may be full up but a quick ring round will tell you whether you can get on their list (and presumably leave another) or see you if your regular doctor is a long way away.

My advice is to ask around and take the view of users - and have a look at the reception - is it welcoming, do they have leaflets explaining their services, how many doctors do they have in the practice, are the surgery hours convenient, do they have a midwifery policy (some encourage home births, some will deliver in hospital etc).

More interesting and more important than choosing a new car :D
danny1973

Post by danny1973 »

Thanks ...... Looking like we will be going to the one on the high st by the bridge as they cover Newlands Park.

My girlfriend has spoken to them and she said they seemed nice and helpful.

Danny.
cathsw

was the doctor's okay?

Post by cathsw »

hello there, i was wondering if you had managed to find a good doctor?
i'm moving to sydenham from a differnt borough at the end of this month and am excpecting a baby in August.

Also which hospital has your girlfriend been attending and does she have any comments?

many thanks
danny1973

Post by danny1973 »

Hi

My Girlfriend is now registered at the doctors by the bridge and said they are OK. It's a bit grim looking the outside (check out the other doctors comments in the forum).

We went for our first visit to see the Midwife yesterday (through the surgery) and she was excellent.....Really down to earth and friendly.Her name was Marianne.
cathsw

Post by cathsw »

thanks for getting back to me.

I think i'll try wells park first since that is closest to the place we're moving to.

I'm wondering which hospital I will be assigned to, I'm rather hoping it's not going to be Lewisham but I don't know if the others in the borough have maternity units.

well good luck to you and yoru girlfriend.

cathy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have closed this thread as it overlaps with another thread. Please do continue the discussion at:

http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=108