Boot Sale on Sunday

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
sophie

Re: Boot Sale on Sunday

Post by sophie »

Fisher Athletic car boot sale was a winner! :D The best so far despite it being rained off early on an definitely one I would go back to.

I arrived about 8am but would aim to be there about 7.30 in future as it can get busy.
£10 entry.
Held Saturday and Sunday - details,including contact number, in South London Press

I liked the set up in the field - cars parked in a line nose to tail which gave you plenty of room to put up 2 decorating tables at the side of the car plus some space at the back or front of the car depending on which had most space. I put a blanket down at the back with some items on. It was also a proper car boot sale with way more cars than vans. I covered my cost and made a bit more than I made on Wednesday but am confident that I would have made more if the heavens hadn't opened. I sold more household knick knacks at this one than my previous ones. Compared to the previous boot sale books and DVDs didn't sell as well but records did. On other stalls I noticed second hand clothes selling really well, particularly womens and childrens. Childrens toys were also selling well and lots of people were asking about games consoles and computer games for XBox etc.