Sydenham Hill Woods Sunday cafe

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
ALIB

Sydenham Hill Woods Sunday cafe

Post by ALIB »

As a regular dogwalker in Sydenham Hill Woods, I was amazed to find a quirky little cafe in adjacent Gunsite allotments. At the moment it only operates on Sundays from 9am - 2pm
I don't have a map of the woods that i can use, but it is on the Dulwich Estate side, close to the car park and scouts hut. - So you actually have to walk out of the woods and turn to your right and its 100 yards away, just inside Gunsite allotments.
They hope to put better signage up on gates and entrances , so they are easier to find

Here's the allotment website
http://www.gunsiteallotment.org.uk/
The cafe has been open 4 weeks and is looking to drum up business , so that maybe they can open on Saturdays too.

Tea, coffee, freshly made juices, cakes and bacon rolls, all at very reasonable prices. If you are walking with family, or dogs in the woods on a Sunday, this really is a welcome refreshment stop.

Give it a try and see if you can persuade them to open on a Saturday too :D

and what a fantastic van

Last edited by ALIB on 25 Jun 2012 06:16, edited 3 times in total.
Annie.

Re: Sydenham Hill Woods Sunday cafe

Post by Annie. »

That sound all good Ali,I wish them every success.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Loobus

Post by Loobus »

Looks fantastic. My family love the woods so we'll grab a coffee from the cafe next time we're there :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Looks like it's based on an old Leyland sherpa van.

When are you off ALIB?
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

just to be absolutely clear :

it is on the Dulwich Estate side, close to the car park and scouts hut. - So you actually have to walk out of the woods and turn to your right and its 100 yards away, just inside Gunsite allotments.
They hope to put better signage up on the woods gates and entrances , so they are easier to find