Cattery or Cat Sitter

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Ronski

Cattery or Cat Sitter

Post by Ronski »

Hi,

can anyone recommend a Cattery or Cat sitter they might have used recently?

many thanks
angela

Re: Cattery or Cat Sitter

Post by angela »

Hello,

I know of a local lady named Kate who regularly cat/dog sits for people in the Penge/Sydenham/ Dulwich area. She can house sit (going back and forth to hers but staying at yours if you want the security) or visit on a feed/play only basis-your choice. I don't want to post her mobile number but she has 5 cats of her own and is very reliable. PM me for contact details.
PDoolan

Post by PDoolan »

We use Paws Pals for our puppy. Very reliable and I'm pretty sure they do cats as well.
Maria

Post by Maria »

We've just arrived from a 10 day holiday and a fabulous local highly responsible young woman came to stay here to look after the cat, the house, and the plants. Her parents live just a few doors along so if anything happened she could call on them for advice or help - an added bonus!

Sitting in the garden just a few minutes ago we were just commenting on what a relief it is to know someone like her we can trust implicitely. Pls pm me if interested

maria
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

We use Ian from PetsatHome - very nice guy, completely trustworthy and very good value:

http://crystalpalace.animalsathome.co.uk/
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

thanks for all the replies everyone!
CATLADY

Post by CATLADY »

I can highly recommend Catcalls Uk - they have a website too. We have used them for over 10 years and they are highly skilled and reliable and recommended by Mayow Vets.
They will also water plants and put lights on and off if you ask them.
Our cats are too nervous to go in a cattery so it was a great relief to be recommended Catcalls by our previous sitter in Brockley when we moved to Sydenham.
Good luck!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
randomv

Post by randomv »

Another vote for Cat Calls, who I've used for over 5 years. Well established and professional, keys kept securely etc I couldn't fault them.
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

I've also used CatCalls. They were brilliant. They gave them treats and spent time with them. My cats ignored me when I got back from holiday but looked like they were well loved whilst I was away.

I highly recommend them.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

We use a company in Beckenham (I think?), called We Sit Pets - Adam McHardy. they charge from £8 per visit (or they did two years ago, might have gone up), and we pay £10 as we're further away. They don't turn up in a marked car or van, so it isn't obvious that they are visiting a house where someone is on holiday. they move post out of view from the front door, and will water plants if necessary. they spend some time at the house, playing with the pet if you want, rather than just turning up to put out more food, and a timer on. I'd thoroughly recomend them.
mikej

Post by mikej »

I would very much agree with the last endorsement of We Sit Pets - Adam McHardy.
We haven't got a cat any more (he died last year :-( ), but we used Adam every time we went away on holiday and they were really good.