Hotel Sydenham Hill

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
sanfair

Hotel Sydenham Hill

Post by sanfair »

My parents might be coming to visit after Christmas. Can anyone recommend a good hotel/bed and breakfast in the area?
The Astra Palace Hotel is very close to us. Would anyone recommend it?
Any suggestions would be great.
castiron73

Post by castiron73 »

Haven't been myself but there was a discussion about the Astra earlier. I hope this link works. Never tried it before

http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic. ... 1c2e0983f0[/url]
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

pharmaecopia

Re: Hotel Sydenham Hill

Post by pharmaecopia »

WARNING!!! AVOID ASTRA HOTEL:

they chucked away my belongings and electrical toothbrush out of revenge for complaining about 6:30 call to come down and extend stay to secure room before checkout at 11am. Then they complained that there was a lot of rubbish in the bin although i payed 65 GBP. FILTHY Place with horrible people
mosy

Post by mosy »

There's a Travelodge on Croydon Road, which is about 3/4mile from Penge East, according to:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk (enter postcode SE20 7TS)
The odd ones I've stayed at have been very good, clean being very important. I don't think they typically do any food, but usually align to a cafe or diner nearby.

: https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/538 ... 5D%5B0%5D=
The 194 bus will get you most of the way.

Hotels can change a lot in a year so hopefully the above might be a reliable backstop option when you'll all be wanting the visit to go well :)
pip

Post by pip »

Theres always Melrose Place which gets good reviews.

89 Lennard road sydenham 02087768884
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

The All Inn One in Forest Hill, behind Forest Hill Station, now lets out rooms. Good reviews on Trip Advisor.
53 Perry Vale. 020 8699 3311.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

He Travellodge I Penge is a bit weird. We had to stay one night there about 4 years ago. We were having work done on the house and returned home to no water which was unexpected. The travlelodge was the only place we could go at 10pm on a Sunday night. It had just been refurbished so was clean and nice. Good big beds. But it's hard to find your way in. It's on the upper floors of a tower block that clearly was designed to be offices (above the garage). The reception is up a lift so you have to work all that out to get in.
Nature Boy

Post by Nature Boy »

Maybe a little far away but the new refurbed Half Moon in Herne Hill promises to have some lovely rooms. There is the Tulse Hill hotel too but thats on a noisy road.