That's amore

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
JulietP

That's amore

Post by JulietP »

Can I just give an enthusiastic recommendation for That's amore on Kirkdale? We absolutely love this place, and have their take-away pasta at least once a week - only £6 for a generous portion of delicious freshly cooked pasta is much better value than takeaway pizza or fish and chips!

Eating in the restaurant is even better - the food never disappoints, especially the sea bass! Yum.

The main reason I want to encourage people to try it is I'm a bit worried about them - I know it's low season, but I just walked by at 7.30 on a Friday night and it was empty. :-(

As with all local businesses, use them or lose them. If you live around here and have never tried that's amore then give them a go, you won't regret it!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Re: That's amore

Post by Eagle »

Especially when the owner gives his rendition of That's Amore on request.

Not a lover of The Euro Song Contest but good to see him on you tube singing for Italy many moons ago.
Recycled teenager

Post by Recycled teenager »

Always a warm welcome and never disappointed with the food. Really high standard. If you have a party of people at the weekend, they are quite happy for you to get up and have a dance
michael

Post by michael »

I went there a few weeks ago for the first time and really enjoyed the food. Sea bass was excellent and staff were lovely.
We possibly arrived a bit early to get the full enjoyment from the crooner at the electric piano.

(Waves to JulietP who I met yesterday when we found ourselves having lunch together)
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

We went there on our first night in Sydenham, walking all the way up from Fairlawn Park in Upper Beckenham to Kirkdale. It was good, the food was a real treat on that cold February night almost 5 years ago.

We haven't been for a while, but we don't get out much these days. Glad it seems to have kept the standard. Our only small gripe on our last visit was that people were smoking outside the back door and you could smell it in the restaurant.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

We've made special bookings for large parties on two separate occasions, and both were a great success. Service and food both excellent.
gerry

Post by gerry »

Since when did Lower Sydenham change its name to 'Upper Beckenham' ?
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

*waves back*

Did you ever finish the huge piece of focaccia?
michael

Post by michael »

I got through it. I do like focaccia. But I managed to have three further conversations before the end of that slice. Washed down by a nice drop of the local Chardonnay. Fine dining in a car park!
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

Upper Beckenham??? - - hahahaha - WTF ?? - that is all
multisync

Post by multisync »

Hi Lee, you live in Sydenham(lower) Not upper Beckenham, don't get aspirations. That's Amore is good, but come on !!!
GillM

Post by GillM »

[quote="leenewham"]We went there on our first night in Sydenham, walking all the way up from Fairlawn Park in Upper Beckenham to Kirkdale.

Ha ha Lee is that how the big estate agents are marketing FP now?? But then no more bizzare than "Kirkdale Village" or "Upper Kirkdale". :lol:
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Of course I jest! :lol: