Anyone live in Park Court?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Gregorysgirl

Anyone live in Park Court?

Post by Gregorysgirl »

Hi, I've been looking at a flat for sale in Park Court at the bottom of Lawrie Park Road and was wondering if anyone on here had experience of living there and could give me their impressions? It seems like the estate is well looked after these days? Is it generally quiet and a pleasant place to live? Do you feel safe coming back late at night? (I know it's v close to the train station but I'd be a girl living there on my own). Is there a community spirit among the residents? Any feedback gratefully received, thank you.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
paultreacy

Re: Anyone live in Park Court?

Post by paultreacy »

We enjoyed our time there for the most part. We are four including two young boys. The grounds are lovely and some of the residents are lovely too. However, the one thing that made it difficult for us over time was the upstairs couple who complained about our sons regularly, whereas no one else did. The people downstairs were lovely and didn't mind the footfalls at all. The upstairs people claimed that we made their flat "vibrate" which seemed utterly daft to us. They worked odd hours and seemed a little unhappy and stressed and perhaps we were simply an outlet for their displeasure at life.

For a single woman living alone, I would suggest that Park Court would be a sensible place to live. Plenty of neighbours looking out for each other with gorgeous grounds and fantastic light given the large windows. The grounds are delightfully fragrant at this time of year too and will remain so throughout the summer. And you'll be so close to the fantastic Crystal Palace Park and Penge West station. You're also very well served for busses there with the 197, 176 and 227 all right on your doorstep with the 227 potentially whizzing you up to Crystal Palace for shopping, eating and drinking.

One downside, however, is that the only close by shop is the Costcutter in Penge. It's not too far to walk but it's only adequate, not brilliant. But that little stretch may have picked up recently. The Bridge House Pub can be rather good.

Good luck.

- Paul Treacy
http://sydenhamshots.blogspot.com
http://paultreacy.com
jamlau

Post by jamlau »

Lived in Park Court for about 5 years, moved out 3 years ago but our place was bought by a single lady also.
Lovely flats, good size in comparison to others in the area at a similar price level. Grounds are generally well looked after, think the ground rent cost was around £110 per month when we lived there.
Park Court website here with other info:
http://parkcourtsydenham.org.uk/
Gregorysgirl

Post by Gregorysgirl »

Thanks very much both of you. Really appreciate your words of wisdom.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image