Looking for a good kitchen fitter and builder etc

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
KM

Looking for a good kitchen fitter and builder etc

Post by KM »

We are looking for recommendations for someone to fit a new kitchen and a builder to take down a wall. Will need an electrician too at some point.
Please recommend someone!!
Thanks

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Maria

Re: Looking for a good kitchen fitter and builder etc

Post by Maria »

I recently suggested in this forum a firm which has been working for us for years now, and whom we trust implicitly. As they are a multi-trade organisation they will do all your fitting, building, decorating, electrical etc work - they will be completely doing our kitchen in 3 weeks' time, in fact, and have in the past done bathrooms, attics, (as well as other kitchens in previous homes) before.

We wldn't even consider employing ANYBODY else as their work is second to none and their quotes reasonable and fair. Having once had a kitchen done by John Lewis I thought the whole process was a nightmare as they require you to get your own plasterers, electricians, painters, and so on.... it went on and on and on for months...! Ours will be ready in 2 and 1/2 weeks - and in this case we KNOW it will be!

PM me if interested.
Janeco

Post by Janeco »

We have just used two Lithuanian guys to fit a new kitchen and they were excellent. Great attention to detail. They worked long hours and were absolutely reliable. They said they also do other work, extensions, tiling etc and possibly electrics. If you are interested, please PM me. I have their business card.
Jane
Code456

Post by Code456 »

Hello:

Our previous name was Sydenham Plumbing & Heating Merchants. We also did Kitchen and Bathroom installations.
We just re-branded last month to Code456 Ltd to show the different focus of the company and still in the process of re-fitting the shop. Having a shop is also a good way to meet our clients.

Code456 pertains to the new building codes . Code 4 is 44% efficiency and Code 5 is 100% energy efficient.

We are just in 273 Kirkdale, beside the petrol station.

Regards,
Raymond
sophie

Post by sophie »

We used someone called Martin a few years ago for our kitchen and he was great. I would recommend him without hesitation.

The boiler in that kitchen was fitted by British Gas although I have heard good stuff about Progas and will be using them to replace the boiler in our current house. We have used them for a boiler service in our current house.

I have totally forgotten the name of Martin's company off the top of my head but his telephone number is: 07859 015544. He was extremely helpful and efficient. He did very tidy work as well which I always think is a bonus as so many people don't.