local wifi networks

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Annie.

Re: local wifi networks

Post by Annie. »

Don't blame you.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
a_baron

Post by a_baron »

Annie. wrote:Idiot!
Okay Dumbo, just for you
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9f7si
there is a screengrab at the above link; it is what I see when my Wifi connection goes to UrbanAngels.
Now tell me why I am so stupid to believe there might be an available password for a network.
Howard Staunton

Post by Howard Staunton »

Annie,

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

a_baron wrote:
Annie. wrote:Idiot!

Okay Dumbo, just for you
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9f7si
there is a screengrab at the above link; it is what I see when my Wifi connection goes to UrbanAngels.
Now tell me why I am so stupid to believe there might be an available password for a network.
Cisco don't run a publicly accessible wifi network. Cisco Connect is the software built in to Cisco wifi routers. That is the network belonging to Urban Angels, a model agency that has its offices on Silverdale. They are obviously using a Cisco router for their wifi and you have managed to access a log-in page.
Last edited by Rachael on 16 Sep 2013 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

As I said, Idiot!

a_baron

Post by a_baron »

Annie. wrote:As I said, Idiot!

Idiot is what you are; I was merely nescient having been misled by bad signposting.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

And I must be Dumb to have bothered answering you.

Bye, enjoy your rantings ----- alone.

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Do I get a 'thank you' for putting you straight, Mr Baron?

stuart

Post by stuart »

Mr Baron - you have a strange way of persuading people to help you. Nethertheless here is a tip that may be useful - when all else fails - use your phone!

Most modern smartphones have a built in tethering facility. That is they can re-transmit the network operator's data connection as a wifi signal you can pick up and use with your PC in the normal way. You might want to share the SSID and password you set with us as thanks.

If you have an older model you can usually download an app to give you the same facility. The most popular old Android app was Barnacle. Just go careful downloading videos if you don't have an unlimited allowance. Always worth installing a data usage app to keep an eye on things.

Stuart
a_baron

Post by a_baron »

stuart wrote:Mr Baron - you have a strange way of persuading people to help you. Nethertheless here is a tip that may be useful - when all else fails - use your phone!
Don't own a phone, at least not a mobile. The person you should be lecturing is Cyber Annie, clearly she missed that notice about "friendly chat".
stuart

Post by stuart »

a_baron wrote:Don't own a phone, at least not a mobile. The person you should be lecturing is Cyber Annie, clearly she missed that notice about "friendly chat".
You were asking about backup in case your broadband went down. I provided an answer. A new tethering capable smartphone can be got brand new for under £60. Less if you go secondhand. That's about as cheap as it can get.

It would have been nice to have got a thank you instead of more abuse. But then you wanted to abuse the use of other people's wifi so I guess it is not a surprise. Do you enjoy not being a nice person?

Stuart
Last edited by stuart on 17 Sep 2013 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

To paraphrase Roger Glover: God gave you stunning looks but took away everything else. I hope the first part of that sentence is true because the second part certainly is.

"Cyber Annie "? Haha, ok, I quite like that!
But the above lines were a bit insulting, so don't get on your high horse about how I replied, you are like a Child,
sticks and stones and all that :lol:

14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Annie. wrote: "Cyber Annie "? Haha, ok, I quite like that!
It does have a nice ring to it Annie! :D....
(Pun intended - the bit where phones were involved! :oops: )... OK, I'll just get my coat then!
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

14BradfordRoad wrote:
Annie. wrote: "Cyber Annie "? Haha, ok, I quite like that!
It does have a nice ring to it Annie! :D....
(Pun intended - the bit where phones were involved! :oops: )... OK, I'll just get my coat then!

:lol:
I think I,ll let him use my WiFi just to show no hard feelings! :lol: