Why is there no upkeep of this site?

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc

Moderator: frenzarin

Why is there no upkeep of this site?

Postby scottlawrencelondon » 4 Apr 2017 15:16

It's disappointing to see a well-used Forum and it's community let down by the site it's hosted on.

This site presents itself as a portal for Sydenham but fails everywhere outside of the forum.

The content of the site hasn't been updated in a long time. This is all too clear with the last news entry on the homepage dated October 2015...London's Mayor is still listed as Boris Johnson.

I've also tried to contact admins on 14 Feb and 23rd Feb to list my own business in the directory area, with no response.

Who takes responsibility for this site? Is it time to pass the batton or to trust some volunteers to manage content updates?
scottlawrencelondon

Re: Why is there no upkeep of this site?

Postby stuart » 4 Apr 2017 18:05

Because the previous Admin retired and despite many pleas no one has volunteered to help (except with the Forum). That is the failure. Would you like to volunteer? I know it would be very much appreciated. Or anybody else in Sydenham?

Otherwise we would lose 15 years of what happened in SE26 wrapped up in its archive. Just like with the official Town Centre website - see other thread.

Stuart
stuart

Postby scottlawrencelondon » 12 Apr 2017 14:18

stuart wrote: Would you like to volunteer?

Would be happy to work on bringing the site up to date.

Scott
scottlawrencelondon

Postby scottlawrencelondon » 15 Jul 2017 11:23

scottlawrencelondon wrote:This site presents itself as a portal for Sydenham but fails everywhere outside of the forum

Looks like the outdated content outside of the forum functionality has been removed...seems like a goods move.
scottlawrencelondon

Return to Town Asylum