A New Reponsive STF

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
michael

Re: A New Reponsive STF

Post by michael »

Any chance it can remember that I don't like massive red words on the screen?
Whenever I close the browser and then return my preference is forgotten.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Michael - you shouldn't be seeing big red stuff if you are not logged in. If you are logged in then the theme you are seeing is the one set in your personal preferences. To return to black'n'grey simply set it to Classic Desktop in the UCP and ensure you click log me in automatically. Then you won't see any of this new fangled red stuff.

I don't like the red either - and was going to change it to black. But the first two correspondents above did like it. When I get bored I might still knock out a new black'n'grey variant to satisy me. and pssibly you?

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hairybuddha wrote:Wasn't a moan.
Great. Come and cheer me up then ... I have some stories to tell :twisted:

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've blackened up the text in Responsive_Grey. See what you think. I'll still do another one without the red another day.

Admin
michael

Post by michael »

What happened to the ability to add people to the 'Foes' list so that we could ignore everything they said?
I only seem to have the option to make friends, which seems entirely inappropriate for the most frequent posters on this forum.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

michael wrote:What happened to the ability to add people to the 'Foes' list so that we could ignore everything they said?
I only seem to have the option to make friends, which seems entirely inappropriate for the most frequent posters on this forum.
When you click on Friends and Foes, you land on the Friends page. Look up and to the left - there are two tabs. Hover over the second one and you can switch to Manage Foes.
michael

Post by michael »

Thanks Rachael. That's most helpful and makes me a happier person.
It's like not having the Daily Mail inserted through my letter box each morning.

A shame I have to use this technique, but I hope I'll still be able to spot relevant posts to local issues.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I've never seen the point of this 'Foes' facility. I'd have thought people with skins sufficiently thick for them to venture to post on this forum would be able to glance from time to time at posts expressing views they find distasteful without suffering a fit of the vapours.

I prefer to know the enemy and to learn as much as I can about how his or her mind (yes, they do have one) works.
michael

Post by michael »

"from time to time" I could cope with and have done for many years. But I don't wish to expand on the matter. I just find the world a nicer place now I have made use of this default filter, which is easy to override whenever I wish to. It is no different to my decision not to read the Daily Mail every morning, although I can still google articles if there is something relevant to learn from it.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

Pick a short list of members, ignore them all and the whole forum becomes completely unreadable and about a hundredth of the size. I don't normally use the foe feature as It's easy enough to scroll through excessively long posts, or stuff I disagree with.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Text which is connected to a hyperlink now seems to identify itself as such only when you happen to hover over it. I'm worried that this means I may be missing lots of Tim' s learned references.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A problem or a benefit :)

What would you prefer:
* Red
* Black
* Lighter grey
* Underlined

Admin
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Happy to be guided by those with a better eye for graphic design than mine.
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

admin wrote:A problem or a benefit :)

What would you prefer:
* Red
* Black
* Lighter grey
* Underlined

Admin
I would vote for underlined. Not, please not, lighter grey!

Regards
Chris
mosy

Post by mosy »

Another vote for underlined hyperlinks too please, or italicised maybe?

Definitely not green for me. I know that colour is not on your options list, but some sites use green for clickies which is indistinguishable from black to me on screens I use.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Underlined raised too many issues so I went for red. Its in operation now though it may take some time for your old cached stylesheet to expire. You can force it by finding a page with a link and then reloading it using (for most browsers) something like <CTR><F5> or <SHIFT><F5> or even <CTR><SHIFT><F5>.

HTH,
Admin
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I was going to ask for red. You must have read my mind.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rachael wrote:You must have read my mind.
T'is the only pleasure I get these days - you naughty girl :shock:

Admin
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

*fashions protective foil hat*
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Have you been slapping on the red a little too extravagantly, Admin? All the topics listed in the individual forums - not just those where there are unread posts, as, helpfully, was the case until today - seem now to have gone red.