Forum adverts

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Ronski

Forum adverts

Post by Ronski »

Anyone finding they are auto sending safari to the App Store?

Using iphone with Ios7, really annoying, just wondered if it was me :)
leenewham

Re: Forum adverts

Post by leenewham »

It only happens for me in Facebook.

Yes, it's annoying. Aside from that I like OS7. It's pretty much the same as the previous version except some of the icons are different and it's easier to access thing like the camera and flashlight etc.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about to be honest. To me, it's 'so what'…and I'm a designer!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm a bit confused here. The Forum or the ad shouldn't be sending you anywhere unless you click on them. Are you suggesting Apple's browser is using us to redirect to and feather their own nest? That would be too naughty for words.

Can you use another browser?

Admin
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Looks like it's a JavaScript running from the advert, half read this thread but sounds widespread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1683188

It just switches me out from the forum to the AppStore, had it happen a couple of times on other sites.

Oh sorry Lee wasn't moaning about the iOS update, that's fine pretty much.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

No need to apologise Ronski. It's bloody annoying when it happens. But it's odd that it only seems to happen to me in Facebook.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So it is an Apple feature to steal our users by enabling redirection directly into their store. And we get the blame!

They are truly parentless ones. Remember this when you purchase your next phone/fondleslab.

A workaround might be to alter the user agent on your browser. The script looks for an Apple declarations. Tell 'em you are Android and all should be well.

Admin
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

leenewham wrote:No need to apologise Ronski. It's bloody annoying when it happens. But it's odd that it only seems to happen to me in Facebook.
Facebook have a new 'auto play' feature on videos, I wonder if that is connected. You can change it on the mobile app to only happen when you are on wifi but you can only turn it off altogether on the web version.

I haven't experienced this redirect problem at all, either on my iPhone or iPad, both of which are running the latest version of ios7. If it's happening for some users and not others, there must be a common factor, although goodness knows what it is.

(Talking of ios7, while people complained about the full-screen picture of caller having disappeared, I'm glad they redesigned that screen so the answer and divert buttons are no longer right beside each other. I accidentally disconnected quite a few callers in the first version of ios7).