Password woes

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Rachael

Password woes

Post by Rachael »

The forum wouldn't let me in with my password. Pretty sure it was the right one, as it's saved in my keychain. Any-hoo, I requested a new password, which I'm now using. But now I can't change it to something I can remember. I keep getting an error that I didn't enter a confirm email address (although this isn't needed). If I put in my email address, I get a message saying the email address is invalid (it isn't) and the password is invalid (it isn't).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Password woes

Post by admin »

Sorry you are having a problem. I just changed mine by filling in all fields. If you are still having issues PM me a password and I will change it manually.

The most common issue over passwords is case sensitivity. Always difficult to spot when its obscured. Especially if the device inserts automatically and has picked up the wrong cue.

Best wishes
Admin
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Sorted now. My mistake. System had autofilled my user name to an email field and I didn't read the label so didn't notice it was wrong.
alywin

Post by alywin »

I'm really embarrassed to be asking this, but I've just changed browser and can't find how to reset my password - I'm sure I've tried all the likely options. Please can someone tell me how? I really don't want to carry on with the temporary 12-digit or whatever one it is I've just been issued!
stuart

Post by stuart »

alywin wrote:I'm really embarrassed to be asking this, but I've just changed browser and can't find how to reset my password - I'm sure I've tried all the likely options. Please can someone tell me how?
User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Account Settings

HTH
Stuart
alywin

Post by alywin »

Thanks, Stuart. I have to say, it's far from clear: I thought I'd tried all the permutations, several times over.