News of our death is somewhat premature ...

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
admin
Site Admin

News of our death is somewhat premature ...

Post by admin »

I was told yesterday that STF is dead. There are only a few posters left and it wasn't worth bothering with.

I guess they didn't get that from here as, (apart possibly from the last point), it is simply not true. The popularity of the website continues to increase - even through this year. We are getting an average of 50+ posts a day which is much higher than any other forum around here - apart from the magnificent EDF. We should hit our first 100,000 posts in the next month.

We have lost some valued posters - but we have gained even more. I went through the number of new members registered in the last year who have already made 100+ posts. Its impressive.

It would be nice to be more impressive. Nothing breeds success like success in the forum business.

True, more posts, more members also means more posts and more people you disagree with and even find too boring/predictable/prolific. It can bad if you take a glass half empty view of life. A glass half full should find those that are a joy to read, agree or pleasure to disagree with and just rolling one's eyes over the rest.

Sydenham is rather full of glass half empty folk. Go fill their glasses!

Admin
Our running stats are here: http://sydenham.org.uk/stats/
chrisj1948

Re: News of our death is somewhat premature ...

Post by chrisj1948 »

admin wrote:I was told yesterday that STF is dead. There are only a few posters left and it wasn't worth bothering with.
:D If that is so then it must have been transformed into a very lively zombie!

Regards
Chris
Pally

Post by Pally »

Is Sydenham full of glass half empty folk? Really?
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

So far as the Town Pub is concerned, I am getting increasingly bored with reading the same old gang recycling the same old prejudices and showing little sign being prepared to look at things in new ways. And I acknowledge that this may be exactly what I've been doing myself. I have therefore made a resolution not to contribute in future to discussions in the Pub unless I've got something to say which (a) I haven't said before and (b) I think (wrongly in most cases, no doubt) may be of interest to my fellow-drinkers.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

admin wrote:I was told yesterday that STF is dead. There are only a few posters left and it wasn't worth bothering with.
The funny thing is that I could help those who wish it was dead, but I don't think they trust me :D