In defence of Eagle

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Robin Orton

In defence of Eagle

Post by Robin Orton »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tupid.html
Ok, it was 'Miliband's inner circle' rather than Mr Miliband himself. But it seems a bit harsh to close a thread down just because it (tendentiously) misquotes a press report. Surely people in pubs do that all the time? Fellow-drinkers are often able to put them right.
admin
Site Admin

Re: In defence of Eagle

Post by admin »

It was this and a similar article in the Telegraph that alerted me to the issue. Namely that no one had been heard saying anything as the poster alleged. It was what one MP thought a group of people were thinking. This specifically excluded the person named in the post. That made it 200% wrong.

At best this was a case of creative misremembering. It was clearly libellous which means it breaks our guidelines without any defence of fair comment.

I was also influenced that this was the first post of an election year where I want to encourage vigorous comment and criticism of all concerned. They all have much to answer for what they have said and done without making up stuff they didn't.

So I don't want to be censorious but I would appreciate if people did try and check the facts before initiating a new thread on them. The source is also helpful. This is not my first plea to this poster on this which has been ignored. I hope now it might now be noted.

A happy New Year to you all.

Admin
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Admin
As mentioned to you directly point taken. I certainly gained the impression that the MP concerned had not denied the comments.

As also mentioned not in the interest of the DT to attack Mr M too much as they certainly do not want a replacement leader before May.

He seems to have entered one of Mr Farage's locals yesterday to use the convenience. No crime there.
_HB

Post by _HB »

The question is: Does Eagle read these articles and deliberately misrepresent them to fit his bizarre agenda or is he just a little bit too dim and bigoted to grasp the details properly?

Probably a little from Column A and a little from Column B.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can we take this back to the pub please?
Thread closed.

Admin