Appeasement been locked

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Eagle

Appeasement been locked

Post by Eagle »

Has this site been locked and if so why. I have seen far more controversial posts.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Appeasement been locked

Post by admin »

The latest posts knowingly breached the published prohibition on two subjects. Tossing in Hitler to boot made it somewhat harder to overlook.

Admin
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I guess the mention of the drunken geordie did it.

What a shame.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I agree wholeheartedly with you Rod. I wish it was not a problem. It is probably the most important topic of our time.

The problem for me is that history says that STF the discussion becomes instantly polarised, the passion of both sides extreme and, to put it mildly, unfortunate stuff gets said by both sides. I am expected to intervene. Not intervening is seen as condoning something, intervening will be seen as partisan. By both sides simultaneously!

Indeed is it possible for anyone to be accepted as an independent, objective and neutral moderator on this topic? IMHO its currently an ask too far. Certainly for me.

You could convince me otherwise by scooting around the edges with some good constructive and informed discussion where no-one gets too upset. That's a high bar to go for. Over to you!

Or you could find a forum happy to host an open discussion on this. If you find one, let us know.

Admin