Leaving STF

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Joanne

Leaving STF

Post by Joanne »

I’m going to ask Admin to close me as a Member, again, I’ve not been able to find a way yet to do myself.

This may not interest you or perhaps you give a sigh of relief and think at least SEE3 will be given a break.

On reflection, I’m feeling a bit fed up with Sydenham. My most recent post about Bus 202 route I regret too, my apology is in Town Asylum.

Recently Admin and I met for the first time. Initiated since I had breached confidentiality when I posted emails to me from Jonathan Kaufman (SAF). But we didn’t end up discussing that.

He asked me if I’d be interested in helping to create a local web site. This would be a platform to support and promote new and existing businesses. My first thought was to revitalise SEE3’s website so build on that. I mentioned that Michael thinks it’s important to build on existing and I have said the same or echoed that.

Admin though wanted to create a new one or build on one which was related to STF but has since been lost.

Therefore discussed this. It was interesting, a few ideas emerged and on the same day 3 Feb got back to him by email with an outline of how we could move forward. My background is design and business, his IT – a potentially good combination.

I was offering to get started immediately, it was going to require a lot of my time and let him know workwise that this was a good opportunity to use because I’m quiet during Feb. I was also offering continuous time spent to interview retailers, feature them on the site and generally keep it updated with news.

Sent my new website design due to be implemented shortly plus he is aware of my main client, so will know that I need to work to a high standard.

Admin didn’t get back to me.

I have tried re-contacting too. Possibly this is due to my comments on the Bus 202 thread which he locked. Here I know that I was in the wrong and have apologised in Town Asylum. I was describing anti-social behaviour but I know that I shouldn’t have made that link to Zanzibar Club.

I won’t speak further on that subject in case I make things worse.

Admin, seemed to me like a really good person who I knew already tries to maintain a neutral position on the Forum. Threads I start or contribute to are often locked but I have respected the reasons. However, after spending 90 or so mins with Admin I would say he has pretty strong prejudices and asked leading questions as if we might agree. For example, what do I think about Inkwa the tattoo shop? He really doesn’t like tattoos.

I don’t have one nor do I plan but explained that I’m extremely impressed with their signage and the number of interesting, diverse events they hold to engage the community. These are well attended too. And they have been able to achieve this without any SEE3 funding.

We were at OTH, I commented on the commissioned graffiti opposite, which is getting tattier (sp?) by the day. Admin would not enter into any discussions about SEE3.

Yet this is why Admin suggested we met to discuss problems and find solutions. If I understood correctly then he doesn’t think it’s important for us to achieve a proper evaluation from them. When I started to speak on this I was met with silence.

This is business and when there is huge unaccountable expenditure, a poor interpretation of the key objectives from the outset alongside a questionable skill set then it’s very difficult, however diplomatic to not name those in charge. Particularly when SEE3 have a history of not communicating with us and when they do try have poor uptake, do not have capacity to engage. The Forum is one route and SAF fail there too. Add Chris Best – no one hardly bothers to read their posts.

Admin- has previously contradicted me on this but you only need to look at No of Views yourself. Do a search, there are very limited views.

I think that Admin is trying to be friends with too many people. I’ve offered to contribute straightaway, outlined exactly what I would do. But if this needs to go via some boring, narrow minded consultation then count me out.

Admittedly I’m a bit down on Sydenham due to SEE3 promises but there are parts I like and really hope it develops further.

Gym trail in Mayow I think is fantastic.

Pie & Mash idea sounds excellent
somerandombloke

Re: Leaving STF

Post by somerandombloke »

TLDR
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Joanne
It is a shame that you did not make your peace with Sydenham before leaving but on the positive side, at least you finished as you will not not be going on .
A very good evening
Nigel
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

I don’t think there is any need for me to make peace with Sydenham.

From the outset I suggested to SEE3 that I set up business here – clear reasons provided- this was declined. Fast forward 3 years, I have offered to help via Admin.

This offer hasn’t been taken up either.

There is never a day that I’d get involved with boring decision makers.

Whatever my mistakes, I have actually tried to find a way that I can contribute.

SRB: what’s TLDR mean?
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

somerandombloke wrote:TLDR
TLDR- just googled, sorry to be so un cool or slow SomeRandomBloke.

Too Long Don’t Reply

Well SRB:

I’m not sure why it’s okay for you to contribute to a Forum without taking the time and effort to adhere to the English language principles?!

You have a lot to say too.
somerandombloke

Post by somerandombloke »

Joanne wrote:I’m not sure why it’s okay for you to contribute to a Forum without taking the time and effort to adhere to the English language principles?!.
Im not a massive whinger for a start and I dont make posts that come across as racist and I dont make posts that basically suond like 'oh poor me no one understands me your all so mean'.

Also Im mildly dislexic so my typing an spelling aint wonderful. I do my best to adhere to Enlish laguage principels but it not always 100% success.
missT

Post by missT »

Joanna,
if I was you I wouldn't even bother with this anymore.
We know as we tried and it pointless, we even held a trader meeting at The shop what a waste of time.
sydenham will be forever stuck untill more independent people will do there own thing and The people of sydenham will be more supportive.
sydenham have The potential to be something / somewhere great myb it will happen one day.....
Miss T / inkwa tattoos
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Joanne wrote:Admin didn’t get back to me.
I did. I do not feel it is useful to counter other stuff so I won't. All I will say is I tried to assist and failed. Hence I have, as Joanne requested, de-activated her account. I'm sorry it had to end that way.

If anybody else is interested in anything I can do in re-vitalising Sydenham (hello MissT) I'm only a PM away.

Admin