Admin deleted my recent thread

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Joanne

Admin deleted my recent thread

Post by Joanne »

Nothing to say other than that

Except why Admin?
Rachael

Re: Admin deleted my recent thread

Post by Rachael »

Have a look in the Town Asylum.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Why does toast land butter side down when you drop it?
somerandombloke

Post by somerandombloke »

stone-penge wrote:Why does toast land butter side down when you drop it?
See Wikpedia

"When toast falls out of one's hand, it does so at an angle. The toast then rotates. Given that tables are usually between two and six feet (0.7 to 2 meters), there is enough time for the toast to rotate about one-half of a turn, and thus lands upside down relative to its original position. Since the original position is usually butter-side up, the toast lands butter-side down. However, if the table is over 10 feet (3 meters) tall, the toast will rotate a full 360 degrees, and thus land butter-side up. Also, if the toast travels horizontally at over 3.6 miles per hour (1.6 m/s), the toast will not rotate enough to land butter-side down. The added weight of the butter has no effect on the falling process, since the butter spreads throughout the slice. In any case, the weight of the butter is likely to be less than 10% of the weight of the slice of toast. Since most would be absorbed into the toast it would not significantly alter the centre of gravity. However, buttering one side of a slice of toast alters the surface properties. This changes the level of drag and thus modifies the way the toast rotates as it falls.
A different effect is generated if you press hard enough with your knife while buttering. This produces a curved piece of toast that is likely to land butter side up because of its shape."
_HB

Post by _HB »

:lol: oh dear, still here Joanne?

Why don't you regale us with another tale of how everything is unfair and we're not your real parents anyway?

Or maybe tell us some more about your fondness for the black community in Sydenham?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The thread, as indicated above, has not been deleted but moved to Town Ayslum. Fundamental to an open and transparent forum each and every member has the right to critique admin/moderation both fairly and unfairly there. It is up to others to judge which.

This thread is now closed and after serving its purpose as a pointer will also be moved to TA. Please add any relevant comment to the active thread there. Except for toast. Meet me in a cafe of your choice to dispute that. Bring a stepladder.

Admin