Sydenham will be moving to Frankfurt tonight ...

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
admin
Site Admin

Sydenham will be moving to Frankfurt tonight ...

Post by admin »

Don't tell Nigel (t'other one) but I am moving Sydenham Town to our new server in Frankfurt. Till now it has been sitting in Amsterdam.

It will take about 5 minutes to accomplish. Hopefully you won't spot the shift. Even if you post in the middle of the move it may temporarily disappear but automagically re-appear a few minutes later.

Or you may just get a blank screen ... who knows?

Admin
Nigel

Re: Sydenham will be moving to Frankfurt tonight ...

Post by Nigel »

For how much longer do we have to watch skilled Dutch jobs go to equally skilled German workers ?
If you ask the average Frankfurter what they think about globalisation , you would get some unintelligible nonsense in German - so much for the free movement of sausages .
A very good afternoon
(T'other ) Nigel
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No Dutch jobs were harmed by this thread!

It is the same Dutch company running both datacentres. We have servers in both and as a precaution each is mirrored with the a server in the other country. The server running this is mirrored in Germany . Tomorrow it will be the other way round. So your words of wisdom will continue to march relentlessly across Shengenland free of border controls, answerable only to the good burgers of Brussels held together by their dream of an ever closer net.

And if Germany gets nuked, it won't damage Sydenham. :D

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Guten Abend und willkommen in Deutschland. Alle ihre Worte sind nun unsere!

Admin
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Burgers of Brussels? What kind of vegetarian nightmare is this?
mosy

Post by mosy »

Sehr gut :)

Did the earth move for you Admin? I blinked and missed it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well I did toy with moving Sydenham to Sydenham. To the RaspberryPi that sits on my desk (or in the palm of my hand). A server for twenty five knicker. It runs my personal stuff and looks after my other servers. Here it is: http://brainsys.co.uk.

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Nice manicure.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

admin wrote:Well I did toy with moving Sydenham to Sydenham. To the RaspberryPi that sits on my desk (or in the palm of my hand). A server for twenty five knicker. It runs my personal stuff and looks after my other servers. Here it is: http://brainsys.co.uk.

If there was a like feature on this forum, I would be liking it!

My german is rusty but...

Haben sie meinem gazelle gesehen?
(Have you seen my gazelle?) - It's a long sordid and adult story for another forum to explain that one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is an issue with 'SSL untrusted certificate' with the Android Chrome browser with the new server. This is a problem with the browser not the certificate. The quick fix is to accept the warning and proceed or use another browser - it worked fine with Firefox on the same Android phone.

Please report any other misbehaving browsers.

I hope to enable a fix to get round the issue at the server end. But it is complicated so will have to wait for a spare moment next week.

Admin
alywin

Post by alywin »

I was wondering why Internet Explorer 8 was suddenly reporting a security issue. I just ignored it :)

Oh, and Firefox doesn't like it, either.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have fixed the Android Chrome problem. There was an issue with intermediate security certificates which this browser could not handle. It is now sorted at the server end. It should now be working with all modern browsers.

Alywin - that excludes IE8 which is unsupported on XP by Microsoft and hence is insecure and way out of date. Using it poses a risk to you, and if your computer is compromised - a risk to the rest of us. Please ditch it - and Microsoft XP asap in the public interest. (Updated Vista, Win7/8/10 are all OK)

Any other browser problems?

Admin