BBCode [table]

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Tim Lund

BBCode [table]

Post by Tim Lund »

Could this sort of thing be allowed?

[table]
[tr]
[th]Borough[/th]
[th]Cars per household, 2014[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Bromley[/td]
[td]1.08[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Lewisham[/td]
[td]0.61[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]London[/td]
[td]0.75[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
JRobinson

Re: BBCode [table]

Post by JRobinson »

it would appear not.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

So now Tim wants to make his own tables to supplement his cut-and-pasted graphs? Admin - I think you know the right thing to do here.
Pally

Post by Pally »

......Errr?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

BBCode is already allowed. Just yours doesn't appear to work. You will have to figure out why yourself. Here's a start:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2147807

Admin
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

admin wrote: BBCode is already allowed. Just yours doesn't appear to work. You will have to figure out why yourself. Here's a start:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2147807

Admin
Admin

The reason would appear to be that you do not have the matching BBCode definitions set up for the forum.

Regards
Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Aha, yes I now remember setting up the BBCodes for Youtube & Vimeo. Those were a pain (and still are) but invaluable for embedding videos. Tables can be presented by other means (as an image) so unless there is widespread demand it wouldn't be far enough up my 'to-do' list to be available this side of the second coming.

Admin
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

admin wrote: [,,,] it wouldn't be far enough up my 'to-do' list to be available this side of the second coming.
But that could well mean this afternoon! 'But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father' (Mt 24:36). Or perhaps Admin is privy to information from his highly placed sources which is inaccessible to the rest of us?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are absolutely right Robin. I won't be completing the task this afternoon - especially if I was diverted by some miracle man (woman?) transforming Turdis Square into our new Garden of Eden.

Would you be needing to record the event in nested table format? I do aim to please.

Admin
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I'm not sure we shall need nested table format, But do you open scrolls?
Then I saw in the right hand of the one seated on the throne a scroll written on the inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals; and I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, ‘Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?’ And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it. And I began to weep bitterly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. Then one of the elders said to me, ‘Do not weep. See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.’ (Revelation 5)
Is that you, do you think? Sounds a pretty robust cyber-security system, but I'm sure you could hack it.