A conversation in Birmingham Museum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Tim Lund

A conversation in Birmingham Museum

Post by Tim Lund »

I'm not sure how well this will work, but with the Town Pub now part of the dark web, I've revamped my personal site as a blog, and just now made my first post since the revamp.

I'd be delighted to have comments from STF regulars, although they will be moderated.

Here's the link to the first post

You can also follow me, @TimLundSE26 on Twitter
Robin Orton

Re: A conversation in Birmingham Museum

Post by Robin Orton »

Tim's first post, about an encounter with a progressive Muslim amongst the Pre-Raphaelite paintings in Birmingham Art Gallery, is very interesting. I' m worried however that it may be merely a cunning marketing ploy - a loss-leader to tempt innocent passers-by into the shop, where, to their horror, they will eventually find themselves confronted with shelves and shelves of stuff about housing and the reform of local government in London. Reassure us, Tim!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

By selecting the category, you will be able to avoid anything about housing and local government reform, but the spirit of Joe Chamberlain will be disappointed.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Tim Lund wrote:I'm not sure how well this will work, but with the Town Pub now part of the dark web, I've revamped my personal site as a blog, and just now made my first post since the revamp.

I'd be delighted to have comments from STF regulars, although they will be moderated.

Here's the link to the first post

You can also follow me, @TimLundSE26 on Twitter
Tim Why are you no longer posting in Town Pub? Presumably because it is now "members only"?
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Exactly. If I write something which I want people outside Sydenham to read, which as often as not I do, it's no good for me if it's in the Town Pub.

A case in point is one I wrote in June last year, and I wanted to link to today. Instead, I did some cutting and pasting in the post I just made on my site

Since housing is, economically, a luxury good, why not tax it more?