Sydenham community web space

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Tim Lund

Sydenham community web space

Post by Tim Lund »

As those who read this thread will know, Pat Trembath wanted to load up a file to somewhere on the web, so that it was possible for her to give a link to it for others to download. For several of us this is fairly straight forward, but by no means for everyone.

In this case I logged on to my Wordpress site, with an admin password, and added new media, which then required me to drag and drop the file Pat had emailed me

Of course the same could have been done by an admin user of http://www.sydenhamsociety.com/, but there are probably many others who have files worth sharing with the community who are not sure how they would do this.

Might it be possible for the new Admins here to offer such a service on https://sydenham.org.uk?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sydenham community web space

Post by admin »

Tim - This service was provided by Admin (god rest his soul) throughout his glorious and illustrious 11 year reign at the helm of the good ship STF.

Your new glorious and illustrious leaders will maintain this service. Thanks for the opportunity to remind members.

FAO everyone - If you need to upload a file or document to support a post, and for whatever reason can't do it in the conventional way. Please e-mail it to admin@sydenham.org.uk and we'll do the rest.

Thanks,
Admin
Tim Lund

Re: Sydenham community web space

Post by Tim Lund »

admin wrote:Tim - This service was provided by Admin (god rest his soul) throughout his glorious and illustrious 11 year reign at the helm of the good ship STF.
I think we all weep for the memory of the Great Helmsman

But not forgotten this day by Comrade McDonnell