Town Pub

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Robin Orton

Re: Town Pub

Post by Robin Orton »

Pally wrote: That's probably also because I'm not usually throwing in links and historical references, just giving an opinion.
The trouble with 'just giving an opinion' is that it's often difficult to respond other than by saying 'I agree' or 'I disagree'.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Robin Orton wrote:
Pally wrote: That's probably also because I'm not usually throwing in links and historical references, just giving an opinion.
The trouble with 'just giving an opinion' is that it's often difficult to respond other than by saying 'I agree' or 'I disagree'.
Not so much if its an opinion on the topic being discussed or a comment that has been made. Especially if the opinion is accompanied by reasons for that opinion and directly links to the topic under discussion!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

You get booted off SE23.com? No shame in it - has happened to even the most mild-mannered of us. There is a thread about the idiosyncratic moderating of that forum here: https://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4199 if you're interested. It goes back quite a few years.

I'll be interested to see how the new forum goes. Many have tried to start something new, many have failed. I think you've got a better chance that some if you are making it more reactive and with real-time content. But time will tell.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Note - I have removed the last two posts from this thread related to SE23.life. I don't mind general discussion about other forums (fora?), but this is not the place to air your grievances about specific moderation issues on other sites.

Regards,
Admin