Good website

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Newman

Good website

Post by Newman »

Greetings from a new poster. This is a good website, much better than the one dedicated to Forest Hill. I used to be a regular poster on that one, but unfortunately it is dominated by an individual who bombards people with his views day in and day out.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
Last edited by Newman on 21 Mar 2005 14:46, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you & welcome. The cheque's in the post :)

http://se23.com/forum was the inspiration for this one. We don't get the same volume of posts but perhaps makes up for it in quality.

It is a matter of luck that we have a group of diverse & thoughful posters. I have seen so many groups destroyed by a few obsessive individuals. They can be 'moderated out' but that spoils the concept of an open forum.

Thankfully this has not been a problem here yet....
Newman

Good website

Post by Newman »

se23.com did have a high volume of posts, but this has dipped in recent months following the introduction of a new username and p/word system. As a result, a number of the more interesting contributors have disappeared and the site is now dominated by the aforementioned individual. Shame but there you go.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I agree - the registration process knocked the stuffing out of SE23 Forum. Indeed I was reluctant to start STF as a registration only Forum - but with the abuse about these days one has very little choice.

Having said that I thought SE23 was slowly recovering. There is a good set of postings ATM about their ward election.

Gets me start thinking if STF should have a 'hustings' type section for the coming election - so politicos can enjoy it and others can avoid it!
Newman

Post by Newman »

Take your point. When I first started posting on se23.com last year, there was a wide range of posters, but many of these have fallen by the wayside for one reason or another. So you now get a number of threads but with the same people looming large over them, which is not really the point of these sites.
Last edited by Newman on 21 Mar 2005 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
megan

Post by megan »

I wondered where you had gone Newman, SE23.com has become extremely boring I have posted messages on there regarding interesting goings on in Forest Hill and nobody replies. I do enjoy this site as it is far more informative. Good to see your name again!
Newman

Post by Newman »

Hi Megan, I saw your name on another thread and wondered if you were the same Megan as the one on se23.com. Good to hear from you.

Full marks for attempting to strike up some interesting conversations on se23.com. It's a pity that replies have been thin on the ground but typical of the direction that site is taking.
Last edited by Newman on 21 Mar 2005 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Newman,

I did a tiny <edit> to your post. I hope you don't mind but should we get personal about people on another Forum? Hmmm.. he ain't here to defend himself - and do you really want him to?

You can, however, get personal with me without fear of censorship 8)

Instead can I ask what are the issues you feel are not being discussed properly in SE23 and do they apply to SE26?

And once again - good to have you & Megan onboard.
Newman

Post by Newman »

Completely understand and won't mention him again. In fact, I've said all that I wanted to say about the individual and website in concern.

An issue that springs immediately to mind is the East London line extension and the effect that it will have on the area, which obviously applies to Sydenham. Megan started a thread on this on se23 (oops, mentioned them again!) but it failed to get much feedback. Other issues that spring to mind include the upcoming election, the way in which the area is portrayed by the media and the current state of the train service and station. All of these are relevant to se26.

Good to be onboard.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Newman!!

You left without even saying goodbye to me! I am deepy upset!

Do I have to move to Sydenham to enjoy our banter now?

:wink:
megan

Post by megan »

glad your still around Newman!
Newman

Post by Newman »

It's good to know that my movements are so keenly followed by the se23 faithful. Megan, thanks for your support - always appreciated.
Last edited by Newman on 21 Mar 2005 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Quite where you got the 'camp' from I don't know!

:roll:

But i'll let you off only cos its nice and sunny and nothing matters when the sun is out!
ZANIBA

Post by ZANIBA »

I use to go to the se23 fourm before I left Forest Hill the website was really familar to the sydenham forum.