Sydenham - community activity ?

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Sydenham - community activity ?

Post by JGD »

A 13 Feb piece in ES in their Homes and Property section at pp28-29.

A statement in the very first para seems to highlight the priorities of the community's engagement.

"Locals join in with everything ..... to campaigning to save the Bell Green gas-holders."

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuV6NOp8I8tAkgX-2L5UWcvr-e1d

is this how the community would have itself viewed by outsiders and prospective incomers ? The gas-holders ? A priority ?

Everybody ?

Most of the residents of Sydenham cannot even see the gas-holders from their homes.
LawriePark

Re: Sydenham - community activity ?

Post by LawriePark »

Why are you so oddly obsessed with the demolition of the popular and historic gas holders?

Any personal commercial interests you’d like to declare? Any connections with trade you’d like to mention?
stuart

Post by stuart »

One might ask why are you so obsessed with JGD to pick up on an old and forgotten post?

Care to share your connection with other accounts on this and other local forums and your interests in Sydenham?

TIA
Stuart
LawriePark

Post by LawriePark »

Who are you? The resident forum police force?

Why are you singling me out yet not any of the other anon accounts on this forum, many of the which are actually abusive? Does this forum require proof of residence from participants? Creepy if so.
stuart

Post by stuart »

LawriePark wrote: 7 May 2019 10:36 Who are you? The resident forum police force?
You know who I am, where I live and it is you who appears to be saying what I may or may not ask here and questioning other residents interests.
LawriePark wrote: 7 May 2019 10:36Why are you singling me out yet not any of the other anon accounts on this forum, many of the which are actually abusive? Does this forum require proof of residence from participants? Creepy if so.
Answering the question honestly may reveal that. So please let's not get into avoidance strategies. Here it is again:
Care to share your connection with other accounts on this and other local forums and your interests in Sydenham?

TIA,
Stuart
LawriePark

Post by LawriePark »

Maybe I’m the mad one and JGD and Stuart are both sane...?
vbsydenham

Post by vbsydenham »

Perhaps you could address his question and then we can all decide?
LawriePark

Post by LawriePark »

You as well? Well first, let’s have a public copy of YOUR birth certificate, a recent copy of a utility bill and your permit to use the Sydenham Town Forum please...?
Last edited by LawriePark on 7 May 2019 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
LawriePark

Post by LawriePark »

I posted on here requesting my account be deleted.

This request was deleted and I got a sarky and unpleasant PM from the admin. This site is creepy and hostile beyond words and I want my account and personally identifying information deleted immediately
stuart

Post by stuart »

LawriePark wrote: 7 May 2019 12:56 This site is creepy and hostile beyond words
Funny old world. That's the very reason I don't post on the other forum. Well folks can decide themselves which admin tries to be fair and which tries to deceive.

Stuart
Last edited by stuart on 7 May 2019 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
stuart

Post by stuart »

LawriePark wrote: 7 May 2019 13:05 That’s not what I asked of JGD.
So you have no interest in any other local forum that invites commercial advertising then?

Stuart

EDIT: It appears LP may have deleted the post I quoted part of. Why?
vbsydenham

Post by vbsydenham »

Interesting reaction. I suppose in a way he has answered his own question re comparisons with JGD.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've deleted him, though was sorely tempted not to!
stuart

Post by stuart »

Well LP has gone, thanks Admin. He must have known for ages that he had been rumbled by some but this encounter maybe threatened to expose too much to those who have yet to realise who he was and what he was trying to do.

It's a tragedy when someone pretends they are serving the community and at the same time seeking to disrupt and discredit those that have seen through them. It's a problem for those looking on to decide which when one side is constrained by the truth and the other can just lie through their teeth.

So sad. But we should move on. I've done with this thread.

Stuart
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

So who is/was LawriePark? I think we should be told.
michael

Post by michael »

Robin Orton wrote: 7 May 2019 14:40 So who is/was LawriePark? I think we should be told.
I don't think that would be appropriate given that he/she has specifically requested that he/she does not wish to be personally identified. Of course no information about his/her personal identity would need to be deleted if others on the forum had not correctly identified the individual.
LawriePark wrote: 7 May 2019 12:56 ... I want my account and personally identifying information deleted immediately
But if you can't guess their identity then I'm sure one of those demanding he/she reveals his/her true identity will be able to provide information in Private Messages.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

But it's so UNFAIR! I want to KNOW!

Go on, gizza clue. Animal, vegetable, mineral, abstract? Lives on Lawrie Park Road?
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Robin Orton wrote: 7 May 2019 16:27 But it's so UNFAIR! I want to KNOW!

Go on, gizza clue. Animal, vegetable, mineral, abstract? Lives on Lawrie Park Road?
Rents a home in RTW.
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

[/quote]
Rents a home in RTW.
[/quote]

The former Honor Oak Park dwelling, now Royal Tunbridge Wells residing, competing forum owner you mean? The one who wrote this in his introduction on said competing forum: “You may know me from my other forum SE23.life, or from my slightly inflammatory posts in other forums. Whilst I have strong views, I can (usually) back them up with evidence, and ALWAYS REPRESENT MYSELF BY MY REAL NAME AND SINGLE IDENTITY…” (I'd provide the link but don't want to gift him any hits) Naaaaa, can't possibly be him, you got the wrong bloke JGD.... :roll:
vbsydenham

Post by vbsydenham »

How odd, when I had a run in with him on here last year he seemed like such a stable and decent bloke. Not at all mad and ranty. I wonder what happened...