Sydenham - community activity ?

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
brazil nut

Re: Sydenham - community activity ?

Post by brazil nut »

vbsydenham wrote: 8 May 2019 13:15 How odd, when I had a run in with him on here last year he seemed like such a stable and decent bloke. Not at all mad and ranty. I wonder what happened...
But it's not him. It can't be him. He said so.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

brazil nut wrote: 8 May 2019 13:05 The former Honor Oak Park dwelling, now Royal Tunbridge Wells residing, competing forum owner you mean? The one who wrote this in his introduction on said competing forum: “You may know me from my other forum SE23.life, or from my slightly inflammatory posts in other forums. Whilst I have strong views, I can (usually) back them up with evidence [sic], and ALWAYS REPRESENT MYSELF BY MY REAL NAME AND SINGLE IDENTITY…” (I'd provide the link but don't want to gift him any hits) Naaaaa, can't possibly be him, you got the wrong bloke JGD.... :roll:
In your determination to suggest I have got it all wrong with that deep well of evidence has made me think........nope can't keep that nonsense up !
It would drive said individual mad if only he knew how many pieces of correspondence are in circulation between the good and the great about his artifices on these matters.
I am just glad for the poor soul's sake that the Town Asylum cannot be viewed by deleted members and that he will not suffer that ignominy of knowing and that thereby he will never have to explain his behaviours to those who trust him still..............
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Ol' LawriePark has excelled himself this time.

Locked out my access on se23.life and SE26.life until 5 May 3019 for
Multiple Breaches of community guidelines and aggressive behaviour towards new members.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuV6NOp8I8tAl0WW4SbWBQIZJcsE

Read the date and weep at the stupidity. Thirty nineteen.

A thousand year lock-out. Is that a whole millennium ?

Does LawriePark believe I can outlive him by such a factor ?

I really do wonder what happened to him on 5 May 2019 that triggered this reaction. And does anyone have any residual doubt as to the identity of this sock-puppet and to the self-betrayal of his oft overstated and declared principles.
michael

Post by michael »

I didn't even realise you had been posting on those sites in the last few months.

I'm sure you will be given a fair chance to appeal against this decision at some point over the next thousand years.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Thank you Michael, my activities had been curtailed without explanation. I was unable to post or PM (although weirdly I could respond to any PM sent to me) and could only "like" posts. This has been a long-standing practice of his whereby he proceeds to falsify accusations of contravention of board rules or creates "phantom" allegations that members have "reported" posts. i know that I am not the only board member who has been subject to his creative and entirely dubious practice. These actions demonstrate an absence of a moral compass which in turn frees him from any constraints of normal behaviour and to idiotically attack people and their reputations. Rather comically, using one of his original personas (how many does he have) on this forum, he published a sixteen point charge sheet listing his perceptions of my crimes. He was deleted from the forum shortly afterwards.

And once more his vitriol was poured on members of this forum from whom he might perceive any slight. Interestingly that trait emerged in his sock-puppet on here too.

i suspect my curtailment on both .life forums happened after he warned me in advance that I was not to upset Cllr Liam Curran who was about to make his debut post on SE23.life. You know how he and his Norfolk friend revere any new poster that they deem to have "status".

A piece of correspondence on the matter received this morning has this:
The locals should of course be made aware, but I get the impression that there are 3 groups, those who know, those who refuse to believe, and those who simply dont have the experience or knowledge to decide.
Although I think there is a fourth group - those who will hold to the view that says "so what". It's a forum, let's keep it in perspective as nothing on these media streams should be taken that seriously.
michael wrote: 8 May 2019 22:45 I'm sure you will be given a fair chance to appeal against this decision at some point over the next thousand years.
i trust I will be able to repay your confidence in my longevity and I will be around to make my appeal at an appropriate time.

Should I lull him into a false sense of security and wait out the first five hundred years ?
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Does anyone have actual proof of these allegations?
At a very well attended and convivial social meet up of se23.life forum members last week the person in question told me in a private conversation that he is not LP. He was not even aware of these recent posts.
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

I think there is a fourth group - those who will hold to the view that says "so what".
Yes I think this is the case. But as a community we should care. You JGD have been accused by LawriePark (sock puppet for local competing forum owner) on these threads of being insane, a loon, of smoking something... We've seen him do this to so many others. All lies, all nasty, belittling and undermining attacks on character, all in an attempt to deflect from the truth of his real identity and true persona. All deeply unprofessional and underhand from an owner of a local business. All behaviour that would not be tolerated on his own forums. All very duplicitous. Some may not care because it's "just a forum", but it's more than that, it's a business and by using his forums people are contributing to his business. People forget that. Would they buy groceries from a grocery store owner who persistently attacked and abused members of the community in this way? There is no difference. I also see his practices as an attempt to completely control the discussion in the area, for his voice to be the single voice, despite not even living here. That to me is deeply disturbing. We should care because it does matter.
Last edited by brazil nut on 9 May 2019 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
stuart

Post by stuart »

topofthehill wrote: 9 May 2019 09:14 Does anyone have actual proof of these allegations?
Yes.

Stuart
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

last week the person in question told me in a private conversation that he is not LP. He was not even aware of these recent posts
And herein lies the problem. The man is a compulsive liar. Truth is an irrelevance to him. Don't be fooled by the charm, it's just a cover for his manipulation.
JGD

Post by JGD »

topofthehill wrote: 9 May 2019 09:14 Does anyone have actual proof of these allegations?
At a very well attended and convivial social meet up of se23.life forum members last week the person in question told me in a private conversation that he is not LP. He was not even aware of these recent posts.
There is a wealth of evidence held regarding his sock-puppetry on here. And of course someone in his position "would say that wouldn't he" to paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies. LP's writing style and avoidance strategies were becoming increasingly similar to his real persona. He is in an impossible position where to acknowledge he is LP undercuts every principle of openness and transparency he purports to promote into the community.

And as we have corresponded in the past, there are innumerable copies of the expressed vitriol of the man in his efforts to damage and traduce people and their reputations. People who are less thick skinned than others can be damaged in the vilest of ways from that kind of activity.

His technical competence is also less than robust. On one occasion during a panic trying to fix a self-created problem, he opened his own correspondence to others and some very interesting pieces of dialogue were revealed between him and board members and mods. All of it about other members, very illuminating and none of it complimentary. I have copies.

And apart from yourself, how many of the old-guard, originating members and mods were present at this convivial meeting ? The consumption and alienation of originating members requires waves of new blood that have as yet not witnessed his behaviours.
vbsydenham

Post by vbsydenham »

Perhaps pop a copy of this through his door next time you are in Royal Tunbridge Wells: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychopath-Tes ... 0330492276
JGD

Post by JGD »

stuart wrote: 7 May 2019 13:10
EDIT: It appears LP may have deleted the post I quoted part of. Why?
Any chance anyone got a screen grab of the deleted post that they can share ?

And for clarity in who's name was the post made ?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I also have proof of the person in question using anonymous twitter accounts to launch a vicious personal attack on a former member of SE23 dot life. The incident was the reason I left the forum for good, having given up moderating duties several months before. As the proof is in the form of private messages, I won’t share it here, but I think many people here know I have no agenda or reason to dissemble

He is telling the truth when he says he is unaware of these posts, as he will no longer have access to this part of the forum.
Last edited by Rachael on 10 May 2019 10:38, edited 2 times in total.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I stand corrected. He does have access to these posts as he has just PMed me with reference to my last. As you were.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

What I was actually asking, although I see now I didn't put it very well, was if there is proof that LP is the person in question. I understood Stuart to say that he has proof that LP is the person in question.
The essence of the earlier posts in this thread was regarding the identity of LP.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Understood, topofthehill. My reply was by way of adding context in terms of how you might assess whether you had been lied to or not. Of course we might all be talking about different people.
stuart

Post by stuart »

May I urge restraint? The gentleman has a record of getting negative but truthful comments removed from various forums. It is easy to step over the mark when provoked which may put our Admin in a difficult position.

Let this thread stand as a picture from which people can draw their own conclusions.

Those he has crossed will know who to believe. For others it may be more confusing. The point is he is out of here for now. Other forums should let to have a life of their own ...

Stuart
JGD

Post by JGD »

Rachael wrote: 9 May 2019 10:27 I stand corrected. He does have access to these posts as he has just PMed me with reference to my last. As you were.
Apologies Rachael - I laid an irony trap in an earlier post about LP not being able to see this thread. Sorry if it contributed to you receiving such a PM.

For the record he has not PM'd me.
JGD

Post by JGD »

stuart wrote: 9 May 2019 10:41 May I urge restraint? The gentleman has a record of getting negative but truthful comments removed from various forums. It is easy to step over the mark when provoked which may put our Admin in a difficult position.

Let this thread stand as a picture from which people can draw their own conclusions.

Those he has crossed will know who to believe. For others it may be more confusing. The point is he is out of here for now. Other forums should let to have a life of their own ...

Stuart
Wise words, Stuart.

It reviews like a snapshot of the issue.

I am receiving a number of pieces of correspondence from ex SE23.life acolytes in particular. Interestingly the most consistent point of discussion is about how knowledge of this matter is to be broadcast to a wider audience. To protect the unsuspecting and innocents if you will.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

That’s okay, JGD. I don’t as a rule post anything behind closed doors that I wouldn’t say in public, so the consequences are mine to take. I tend to treat unsolicited PMs the way I do cold callers. ;-)

I take Stuart’s point about no making unnecessary trouble for the admin here. As VB is no longer a member I treat the subject as closed.