Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Rachael

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by Rachael »

I’ve been saying for some time that I don’t think SE23 Life is saveable because the mod team have not, much to my disappointment, stepped up to do their job. That job is not to protect the owner. Nor is it even to protect the forum. It is to protect the members.

Meanwhile, in Sheffield, THIS is how to do it.

https://twitter.com/jaredomaramp/status ... 38656?s=20
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

brazil nut wrote: 23 Jul 2019 20:36 [
I see he got his way. The thread's now littered with redactions.
Seriously sad to see. Seems the threats continue, the arrogant behaviour goes on, and all the while, others are made to look like liars.
stuart

Post by stuart »

brazil nut wrote: 23 Jul 2019 20:36I see he got his way. The thread's now littered with redactions.
Just to say the one in Chris' email to me [#21] was redacted by me before I posted. I didn't want the post to be influenced by a particular pecadillo but convey his normal style of reacting to anything that challenges him, no matter how politely or reasonably presented.

Stuart
hotterthanurex

Post by hotterthanurex »

Erm, hate to ask but if the rumours of Chris Beach living in Tonbridge are true, did nicola check in with the police there?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

hotterthanurex wrote: 23 Jul 2019 21:45 Erm, hate to ask but if the rumours of Chris Beach living in Tonbridge are true, did nicola check in with the police there?
Yes, she did.
pablo

Post by pablo »

Does anyone know the legalities of misuse of data if any of this is proven to be true? I see that Chris owns Brighter Code Ltd and the user agreements for the forums are with this company. If there has been a misuse of personal data would the company or the individual be deemed responsible?
stuart

Post by stuart »

That's another question. I think we should stick with the three major questions of the moment.

1) Why is a self-confessed sockpuppet not been removed from the forum?

2) Why are the Mods trying to hide his misdeeds on the excuse of a police investigation that appears not to exist and the mods don't appear to be interested in checking iout.

3) Why are the Mods hostile to the very people who exposed the fraud that is at the heart of the forum?

The mods should be the solution. They appear to be positioning themselves with the problem. Users of the forum are being deceived, manipulated and censored. But there are good people over there trying to do something. I note the owner has been barred from attending his own social. No sockuppets is the rule. But then rules don't seem to matter to our friend.

What a self-inflicted disaster. When are they going to accept that and try and put the forum right.

Stuart
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Agreed with all of that Stuart.

There is another possibility and I should stress I have no knowledge of this. What if there is a police investigation but the target isn’t Nicola?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Bluesman wrote: 24 Jul 2019 07:16 Agreed with all of that Stuart.

There is another possibility and I should stress I have no knowledge of this. What if there is a police investigation but the target isn’t Nicola?
The closure notice on the relevant post on SE26 Life states specifically that it is the email that is being investigated. Despite the catalogue of CB’s misdemeanours listed in this thread, I can’t see how anyone else but Nicola could potentially be named in that specific complaint. If the complaint isn’t about Nicola, wouldn’t the SE23 Life mods be able to tell her so? I don’t think it would breach any confidentiality to make that clarification when she made her request for the CRN (which as far as I know has still not been responded to).

It has been suggested elsewhere that might not be Chris that made the complaint. Even if that is the case, Nicola would be able to find a police record of the complaint against her name. But she couldn’t.
Last edited by Rachael on 24 Jul 2019 07:47, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

pablo wrote: 23 Jul 2019 22:53 Does anyone know the legalities of misuse of data if any of this is proven to be true? I see that Chris owns Brighter Code Ltd and the user agreements for the forums are with this company. If there has been a misuse of personal data would the company or the individual be deemed responsible?
I don’t know if there have been any potential personal data breaches with regard to forum users and I am absolutely not interested in destroying a man’s livelihood. What has been breached, over and over again, is trust.
DickWynne

Post by DickWynne »

Rachael wrote: 24 Jul 2019 07:40 Nicola would be able to find a police record of the complaint against her name. But she couldn’t.
I wouldn't ascribe to malice, just yet, that which bureaucratic delay or inefficiency might explain :|
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

DickWynne wrote: 24 Jul 2019 11:03
Rachael wrote: 24 Jul 2019 07:40 Nicola would be able to find a police record of the complaint against her name. But she couldn’t.
I wouldn't ascribe to malice, just yet, that which bureaucratic delay or inefficiency might explain :|
When I made a report of a car break in, I got a CRN immediately. I assume it is computer generated and attached to my details as soon as created. But I take your point.

If anyone in possession of the CRN in this case released it to Nicola to check, that would settle matter once and for all. Despite common misconception, CRNs are not subject to confidentiality. Anyone can ask for one and check the publicly available details held against it, even if they are not named in the case.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

DickWynne wrote: 24 Jul 2019 11:03 I wouldn't ascribe to malice, just yet, that which bureaucratic delay or inefficiency might explain
Fair and not unreasoned comment.

But here is something we can't work round. Several SE23.life mods have asserted that a CRN (their very consistent description)exists for the alleged presence of a report to the police.

For such a number to exist, logically it would necessarily have an entry on the appropriate system(s) log file.

Nicola has received firm and incontrovertible assurance that no such report is present. It is a harsh reality for those mods - there is no CRN because there is no report made by Chris Beach or by the ultra-mysterious "complainant".
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

JGD wrote: 24 Jul 2019 11:16
DickWynne wrote: 24 Jul 2019 11:03 I wouldn't ascribe to malice, just yet, that which bureaucratic delay or inefficiency might explain
Fair and not unreasoned comment.

But here is something we can't work round. Several SE23.life mods have asserted that a CRN (their very consistent description)exists for the alleged presence of a report to the police.

For such a number to exist, logically it would necessarily have an entry on the appropriate system(s) log file.

Nicola has received firm and incontrovertible assurance that no such report is present. It is a harsh reality for those mods - there is no CRN because there is no report made by Chris Beach or by the ultra-mysterious "complainant".
That’s an extremely serious charge, as surely fabricating a police investigation must be some sort of crime. If I were still a mod there (and I thank my lucky stars every day I’m not, they have a horribly thankless task right now) I would have gone to the police myself by now and verify the CRN was authentic. I’m sure that’s what they will have done, as a bare minimum of due diligence.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg has just published a piece on BoJo's imminent role as PM.

She writes that BoJo might pursue his promise to exit Europe at Halloween in ways that are "cravenly, hang the consequences of what might be at risk".

Perhaps some close fiend of the @moderators needs to tell them it is imperative that they stand-up, be accountable and cease dissembling on the false allegation of a police report being present and avoid having their actions tarred as being "cravenly, hang the consequences of what might be at risk".
DickWynne

Post by DickWynne »

I have just been sent by Chris Beach a photo of the written MPS acknowledgement, dated 17 July, of the crime report he filed with Lewisham Police, who then decided it fell under Kent Police -- so it is now with them. He also forwarded an email acknowledgement from Kent Police. Both the forces' CRNs have been redacted, presumably as to publish them would lead to a rash of enquiries to them, but we are assured that Kent Police are investigating Chris's allegation. Chris asked me not to post the photo or email here. Of course whilst this affair may be of great moment to Chris and others, it may not rank very high in police priorities.

Why me? -- you will be thinking. I don't know Chris other than through occasional online contact through se23.life and a couple of forum social events, and am not a heavy user of the forum. I have had no personal reason to shun him although I appreciate that a number of people I respect have a different experience. He perhaps felt I was a reasonably disinterested party, though by no means entirely neutral in this affair as my recent se23.life posts may have shown. I did email him last night to express hope that he could do something drastic to help the forum to survive and thrive, and I guess this is at least a small step, if not yet a giant leap. I hope those who may have doubted the se23.life mods in the crime report matter will accept the veracity of this message from me.

I hold no brief at all for Chris in these matters, my only interest is in the survival of the se23.life forum, if that can possibly be achieved.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Please, Dick, if you can, persuade Chris to release the CRN to Nicola. There is nothing confidential about it. She has already presented herself to the police to try to clear this up. If she has the CRN it will really speed things up.
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

Surely the fact it has been sent to a "complete stranger" albeit with the actual number redacted, shows it is not seen even by him as confidential?
I don't get the game being played here, it makes no sense. Simply send it to the person it relates to, or an intermediate party who can be trusted not to publish it? Once she has it, this is all pretty much done with.
In the meantime it just looks like another game being played.

Thanks for sharing that though Dick :)
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

DickWynne wrote: 24 Jul 2019 13:24 I have just been sent by Chris Beach a photo of the written MPS acknowledgement, dated 17 July, of the crime report he filed with Lewisham Police, who then decided it fell under Kent Police -- so it is now with them. He also forwarded an email acknowledgement from Kent Police. Both the forces' CRNs have been redacted, presumably as to publish them would lead to a rash of enquiries to them, but we are assured that Kent Police are investigating Chris's allegation. Chris asked me not to post the photo or email here. Of course whilst this affair may be of great moment to Chris and others, it may not rank very high in police priorities.
I wonder if the officer in charge managed to keep a straight face when he was explaining Flava Baker's involvement?
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

brazil nut wrote: 24 Jul 2019 15:09
I wonder if the officer in charge managed to keep a straight face when he was explaining Flava Baker's involvement?
Be intrigued to know if such information was given. Self reporting.... hmmm :lol: