Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
topofthehill

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by topofthehill »

Given the vitriol posted by some on this forum I am hardly surprised that an innocent post by leeks on another forum could turn into yet another attack on the se life forums, and of course CB
I hope that an apology will now be issued to CB about the accusations that the did not lodge a complaint with the police, as he clearly did, as evidenced by the remark that the police declined to investigate.
I asked admin to deactivate my account some time ago as, whatever the merits or otherwise, I feel it unacceptable that one or more forum members should feel entitled to act as prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner. The apparent intention to comply a dossier against CB is appalling.
As someone said, this forum has become very negative in the last year.
Whatever CB has or has not done, this is between him and the allegedly aggrieved and I'd be interested to know whether the accusers on this forum have a mandate to act on those allegedly aggrieved
There is just too much unpleasantness on this forum, much of it caused by those with personal axes to grind, and I want no more of it.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

I note with interest that the post of JGD has been edited to delete his assertion that the police have declined to investigate CB's complaint.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Ann

You and I have spoken on this matter on this forum and in other places. You intervened personally and unbidden in an approach to my partner to request that I cease what you classed as being negative dialogue against CB.
topofthehill wrote: 12 Aug 2019 21:58 The apparent intention to comply a dossier against CB is appalling.
This comment however approaches the realms of irony.

CB is an inveterate compiler of lists of perceived infractions by individuals. Infractions of course that exist only in the mind of Chris Beach.

He has in the past posted examples of his compilations with accompanying threats that there will be consequences for the accused.

On this forum he posted a multi item charge sheet of the Chris Beach perceptions of my infractions. Was it 12 points or somewhere in the mid-teens?

Unfortunately for his laughable and malignant efforts it was deleted when he was given the bums-rush from this forum. A fate which seems to befall him regularly as he has been shown the door from a number of local forums.
topofthehill wrote: 12 Aug 2019 22:38 I note with interest that the post of JGD has been edited to delete his assertion that the police have declined to investigate CB's complaint.
Correct. It now states:
JGD wrote: 12 Aug 2019 20:13 Chris Beach's alleged and leaked report has never produced any stated intention from MPS to investigate it (or was it MPS then Kent or MPS then Kent then MPS again).

ALL their fanciful machinations to hide behind the alleged police investigation have never stood on firm ground.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

John
I asked both your partner and then you face to face to call a truce. I asked this because you seemed even then to have some long standing vendetta with CB. This was many months before this episode with Nicola. I do not think it appropriate to bring our personal conversations on to this forum, but seeing you have done so, I have replied. I am sorry you have decided to make this personal.
I am not entering into any further discussion on the merits or otherwise or, indeed, any further discussion whatsoever.

As I said, and as other forum members have said, this forum has become negative and have asked why people can't be pleasant to each other.

As someone said on another forum, (not any of the .life forums) if you're not happy with a forum, don't use it, and I am taking that advice.

I am sorry after so many years of being a member, but I just do not need this kind of unpleasantness in my life.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

PS I will not be replying to any more posts
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

topofthehill wrote: 12 Aug 2019 23:38 John
I asked both your partner and then you face to face to call a truce. I asked this because you seemed even then to have some long standing vendetta with CB. This was many months before this episode with Nicola.
Almost but not quite Ann.

Your separate approaches happened some considerable time after Chris's conflict with Nicola started a few years ago. I recall nothing of the language of truce in your words - but as with everyone our memories can be imperfect.

And you repeat the Chris Beach mantra that anyone who has any disagreement with Chris, large, small or illusory must have a long standing vendetta against Chris.

For Chris can have it no other way. He has to be the perpetual victim.

As he demonstrated when he published his mea culpa about why he created his sock-puppet, Flava Baker. Chris justified it by stating he could not tolerate not knowing what Nic was doing and saying. Now there is a real and prime example of making it personal.
RJM

Post by RJM »

I don't think CB is ever going to admit that he's secretly an unpleasant person and the extent of his duplicity. I am starting to wonder how useful continuing to discuss it is when nothing has changed. I absolutely think that this thread should remain up in case the situation changes, and as a record of what's happened, but I'm not sure it's being very helpful any more.

Something positive would be nice instead!
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

On a positive note, I hear the dot life forums are pretty much CB free these days. Hopefully if nothing else, it will allow people to express themselves a little more openly, and have more discussion and conversation about things.

It's not all bad eh.

"Always look on the bright side of life, de-do, de-do, do-do-de-do-de-do"
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Homecroft wrote: 13 Aug 2019 13:36 On a positive note, I hear the dot life forums are pretty much CB free these days. Hopefully if nothing else, it will allow people to express themselves a little more openly, and have more discussion and conversation about things.

It's not all bad eh.

"Always look on the bright side of life, de-do, de-do, do-do-de-do-de-do"
That's good, but as with Mark Zuckerberg, the question is why Chris should continue to provide this public service.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Tim Lund wrote: 15 Aug 2019 12:03 That's good, but as with Mark Zuckerberg, the question is why Chris should continue to provide this public service.
Excellent question.

For users who can still login to SE23.life, his login ID is sometimes spotted flashing below a post which states "Chris Beach is replying....." - although never a message appears. It would seem he is still lurking, might be planning a response then thinks better of it.

On SE26.life he accesses the board, makes posts and operates without the checks and balances applied by moderators, such as they may or may not be effective.

So how are we to know that the man has altered his behaviour? Has he selected his next target? How in these circumstances is his deceptive activity to be detected?

The situation as existed before meant he could silence his target at will. And if a protest were made - he would mis-characterise the target's activities as being vexatious toward him and his board. And the mods, believing his version, would do nothing.

So does Chris Beach believe that by carrying on, he will restore himself to a position of trust and then he can resume activities on a business as usual basis. It would seem these communities are powerless except for the power of voting with their feet (or keyboards).

ETA: You have to read and move fast on this one. A Chris Beach post from today on SE23.life has been spotted:

https://se23.life/t/plans-submitted-for ... hill/12852

Business as usual ?

And from the day before:

https://se23.life/t/sports-category/12839/6

Will he be attending Sylvan Post soon too?
RJM

Post by RJM »

Apparently sad to miss it: https://se23.life/t/local-meet-up-sylvan-post/12679/53

His self-imposed "break" appears to be coming to an end.
beigemartin

Post by beigemartin »

I was just wondering about this, but have no way to check. Do any of you know if the flavabaker account was 'verified'?
RJM

Post by RJM »

There wasn't a Flavabaker account on .life - it was a Twitter account, highlighted by CB. So as he wasn't posting as Flavabaker on.life, there was no need to verify that account there.
flavabaker

Post by flavabaker »

:^)
squashst

Post by squashst »

I see less traffic on this and SE23 life and the official SE23 forum.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Dontcha just love it when a self confessed liar and sock-puppet continues to make with the inaccuracies that he does.

Chris Beach says:
I can confirm that I am still involved in the site from a technical perspective and in cases where the mod team has stated that discussion on certain topics (eg interpersonal / police matters) is inappropriate for the forum, I will act to aid the moderators technically, and I will always respect their collective decision-making.

Likewise, others are able to assist the moderators using the flag feature. When posts are flagged by established members of the site, action may be automatically taken by the site software.

Can members please heed the moderators’ decisions, which are designed to keep our community friendly and locally focussed.
To distill this, what he means is "I will prohibit anyone including the moderators from having any discussion on certain topics (eg interpersonal / police matters)".

Sorry to hear you are being moderated Michael. i guess your proposal to invite back some of the Rebel Alliance has fallen on stony ground too.

Now where did I put those screen dumps of his confessions.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

A technical admin should never make decisions on what is appropriate content, bar obvious spam. Nor assume that issues that were deemed contentious some months ago are still under embargo. A technical admin should, at the most, temporarily hide a post and seek clarification from a moderator about what action they want taken. If CB is removing or amending member posts based on content without any referral to the mods, he is acting as a moderator.
stuart

Post by stuart »

I fear the SE23.life mods may be being misled.

As STF's technical support I can usually do that without access to the forum's administrative or moderation functionality. Indeed a few minutes ago I updated this and several other forums from phpBB 3.2.7 to 3.2.8 without troubling anyone. I have a dummy forum where I can try out any actions that require admin access and then pass a list of steps needed to the Admin.

All so I don't have access and I'm not tempted to mess around with my successor's administrative decisions and actions. Plus they have confidence that what they do cannot be seen or changed by me. If I ever needed to use an Admin function then that could be granted on a temporary basis (like for a few minutes) and all actions are logged so the Admin can monitor what was done. That was last done when STF went all Gold/Black last January.

SE23.life may use other software but the principles are probably very similar. Hence there is probably no reason why the owner should or could be appearing on the board or 'moderating' given his record. Especially if the Mods wish to rebuild trust in what should be an important community resource of which all local people of goodwill can feel welcome and secure.

Stuart
mosy

Post by mosy »

JGD wrote: 13 Sep 2019 12:51 ...[clip]...
Chris Beach says:
".....
Likewise, others are able to assist the moderators using the flag feature. When posts are flagged by established members of the site, action may be automatically taken by the site software.
....."
Does this bit mean that he as technician could introduce search tagwords (which he could change at will depending on his preferred topics or disfavoured ones) so that any disfavoured tagword posts merely by being flagged by "established" members could automatically be hidden or removed without any moderator intervention or judgment possible?

If that's not Beach's intention, what does "automatically" mean?
stuart

Post by stuart »

Mosy,

The question is whether the Mods really want to restrict the owner to provide the necessary technical assistance to keep the forum going and the owner agrees.TThat is the owner agrees and does refrain from posting and causing any change to access and content of others. He is best placed to put in the barriers allowing him to legally access the forum to do that. As root owner of the forum server he, like me, has the power to 'hack' into the forum. But that would be 'unauthorised access' and hence a serious criminal offence which would finish a career in IT.

Given that if it was exercised seriously he would be found out (as did his act that generated this thread) - that should be sufficient control. All it needs is agreement between him and the Mods. A solution is there if thy want it. it would make SE23.life a trusted place once more.

Stuart