Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by JGD »

is it the case that Chris Beach has had advice proferred to him by others that on balance it is his position that is has some personal culpability attached to it ?

And it IS his action that has been undertaken with this message :
We’ve been informed this matter is now being formerly investigated by the police and as such, all information in this thread has been moved (not deleted) to a hidden area so as not to prejudice any investigation.

Please note the use of the word "formerly" [sic]

Formerly as in past tense ? No outcome ?

Or just a misguided attempt to cover up in a rushed panic.
Last edited by JGD on 17 Jul 2019 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

I would imagine that if it is genuinely in the hands of the police, that a formal request will be received to remove any information which may prejudice and investigation.

Guess we will have to wait and see. I wonder also, if this is being looked into, if others will be contacted about their encounters with either party too.

Time will tell, but for now, either way, a virtual gagging order is in place on the other forum.
brazil nut wrote: 17 Jul 2019 16:33

Interesting indeed. Does that mean this thread will be closed down too "so as not to prejudice the police investigation"? @Admin?

Looks like more bucketfuls of popcorn and virtual valium will be required in SE23...
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Gosh. Well. My documentary evidence is still on offer to whichever authorities need it. As it originated from PMs, I wouldn’t share it without CB’s permission (acknowledging that his refusal to give permission would be a statement in itself). But a police request would be a different matter.
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

Homecroft wrote: 17 Jul 2019 16:45 I would imagine that if it is genuinely in the hands of the police, that a formal request will be received to remove any information which may prejudice and investigation.

Guess we will have to wait and see. I wonder also, if this is being looked into, if others will be contacted about their encounters with either party too.

Time will tell, but for now, either way, a virtual gagging order is in place on the other forum.
brazil nut wrote: 17 Jul 2019 16:33

Interesting indeed. Does that mean this thread will be closed down too "so as not to prejudice the police investigation"? @Admin?

Looks like more bucketfuls of popcorn and virtual valium will be required in SE23...
Actually, if there is a blanket police suspension across all forums and social media platforms, with all existing posts removed from sight and a ban on future comment, there will be no requirement for popcorn. Silly me. And the SE23 admin won't be needing virtual valium with the heat taken off them. I imagine there are others who may need a dose or two however :?
hotterthanurex

Post by hotterthanurex »

Hello! Long time SE23.life popcorn munching lurker. I call BS on this update. The police don't have time to investigate this kind off nonsense, do they? P sure nothing illegal has happened. Is the revealing the name of the street someone lives doxxing? Is doxxing even illegal? Or is there more naughty business we don't know about?
hotterthanurex

Post by hotterthanurex »

RJM wrote: 16 Jul 2019 12:51
michael wrote: 16 Jul 2019 12:21 Nicola's tweets are making interesting reading (for those of us who can view this private account).
https://twitter.com/NicDeLaMitch

More sockpuppets than a branch of M&S!
This must all have been very time-consuming - how does he have the energy?! I maintain more than one Twitter account (two for organisations, one for me) and it takes some time to do it properly. Setting up fake ones must have taken ages, that level of effort is a bit concerning.
Also ... he has a new baby! Who has the time? When I had a new baby I didn't have time to make toast.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

hotterthanurex wrote: 17 Jul 2019 19:21 Hello! Long time SE23.life popcorn munching lurker. I call BS on this update. The police don't have time to investigate this kind off nonsense, do they? P sure nothing illegal has happened. Is the revealing the name of the street someone lives doxxing? Is doxxing even illegal? Or is there more naughty business we don't know about?
If it is BS, that would be very foolish. The sender of the email in question would be able to easily confirm if she is never contacted by the police. The SE26 Life post states clearly that it is the email being investigated, which implies that CB has made a complaint. Maybe that is as far as it has gone so far, rather than being confirmed as an active investigation.
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

hotterthanurex wrote: 17 Jul 2019 19:21 Is the revealing the name of the street someone lives doxxing?
Sending a private email with the name of the street someone lives on to said person who lives on the street?

Definition of doxxing: "search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent."

Who published the private information on the internet?
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

Rachael wrote: 17 Jul 2019 19:38
hotterthanurex wrote: 17 Jul 2019 19:21 The SE26 Life post states clearly that it is the email being investigated, which implies that CB has made a complaint.
Yes I picked up on that. I also wondered whether this was an indirect attempt to stop discussion on this thread:
If you see people commenting about this matter elsewhere, please show them the following government advice:

Anyone who publishes an article or commentary that seriously risks someone’s right to a fair trial could find themselves in trouble with the law.
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

brazil nut wrote: 17 Jul 2019 19:42
Definition of doxxing: "search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent."

Who published the private information on the internet?
Is it a crime to doxx yourself? Report yourself to police for doxxing yourself?

SE23 is getting even weirder :shock:
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Chris Beach on his own forum wrote: There is now an ongoing police investigation into the email received and therefore this topic will need to be temporarily closed to further posts to avoid prejudicing a jury should the case make it to trial.

If you see people commenting about this matter elsewhere, please show them the following government advice:

Anyone who publishes an article or commentary that seriously risks someone’s right to a fair trial could find themselves in trouble with the law.
Ah another lie from Chris Beach - one of so many - can you believe he persists so publicly in his mendacity. It is his self-confessed norm to skulk around in the shadows hiding behind multiple identities.

One minor flaw - it is believed that the matter must have progressed to charges being made and laid before a court - not just allegedly being investigated - before it becomes sub-judice and thereby subject to this fantasy threat of of Chris's.

So once more we see these facts: Londondrz failed in a sorry effort to get the community to support his misdirections and agree to his bullying to delete the post entirely (he got less than 5% support for the proposal): on receipt of this rejection a notice is posted on SE23.life with an admonition that it is not to be read as being from Chris Beach but is made in his name that it "is being formerly {sic} investigated by the police (it is not stated whether it is Chris Beach's actions that are subject of investigation): and we move to another unvarnished threat from Chris himself that anyone could be in serious trouble - for what we are not sure - but as Chris has uttered the threat we should examine his link - and it's to an Attorney General's publication that is less than clear about when or at what point a matter must not be commented on but he is right - it does say that "Anyone who publishes a commentary that seriously risks someone's right to a fair trial could find themselves in trouble with the law". (Does Chris have a worry about whether he faces charges perhaps?)

is there enough popcorn on south London to satisfy those of you on tenterhooks awaiting the next episode.

For clarity my full name, address, telephone number and DoB are in the public domain should you have a desire to direct MPS in my direction. Ah maybe i fibbed a little about my DoB - dox that if you can.
P1971

Post by P1971 »

I don't really want to comment, but will say that everything should be transparent.

I agree with Michael's comments, and have the utmost respect for Rachael.

I want SE23.life to have longevity and will do my best to support this as I feel it is a fantastic forum.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Rachael wrote: 17 Jul 2019 19:38The sender of the email in question would be able to easily confirm if she is never contacted by the police. The SE26 Life post states clearly that it is the email being investigated, which implies that CB has made a complaint. Maybe that is as far as it has gone so far, rather than being confirmed as an active investigation.
The owner has a long and disgraceful history of making spurious legal threats to get negative comment about him removed. I've seen off a few intended to intimidate and bully. I'm not alone.

Has he really made a complaint? The answer may be yes or no but if anyone who can have any confidence in the trustworthiness of his claims needs to check a few things out. I've been reticent up to now but his utter failure to take responsibility for his misdeeds is getting just too much. No more.

I do understand that those taken in (and that included me until he made a fatal mistake) will find it difficult to comprehend and believe. That's why I kept quiet. What I had to say was unbelievable. But as the can of worms sprawls wider across Forest Hill & Sydenham - I think it is becoming more believable every day. We shall find out.

Stuart
JGD

Post by JGD »

Apologies everyone - the BS i refer to in my last post appears mainly on SE26.life - not SE23.life as I wrote.

https://se26.life/t/threats-cyber-stalk ... min/1506/3

There is an entirely separate and significantly different pile of BS on SE23.life.

i could get in a tangle about trying to separate what appears where.

Instead I am going to assume you can work it all out.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

So what are we saying? That the mods on SE23 Life locked down the thread solely on CB’s claim that the matter is now in police hands? If I were one of those mods, I’d want to see some documentary proof of the legal status of the complaint before taking this action. This is a serious matter.
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

JGD wrote: 17 Jul 2019 21:37
Chris Beach on his own forum wrote: There is now an ongoing police investigation into the email received and therefore this topic will need to be temporarily closed to further posts to avoid prejudicing a jury should the case make it to trial.

Is he saying he's concerned about Nicola's right to a fair trial being compromised? How considerate.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Rachael wrote: 17 Jul 2019 22:28 So what are we saying? That the mods on SE23 Life locked down the thread solely on CB’s claim that the matter is now in police hands? If I were one of those mods, I’d want to see some documentary proof of the legal status of the complaint before taking this action. This is a serious matter.
Fairly accurate summary of the SE23.life position Rachael.

It may be the case that despite his wounds (note in Captains's log - Self Inflicted) Chris Beach has bravely and self-lessly dashed back into the cockpit, instructed his moderators to hit the silk whilst he grabs the joystick and resumes trying to manage a controlled crash landing.

Boy's Own stuff all over it.

We all know what happened at the ending of the Titanic movie so I will not be the author of a spoiler on here.

But Chris Beach's perception of due process would not include providing material evidence of legal status of the complaint before taking this action.

As you say - serious stuff - we have no way of guessing where is going to crash and burn on this flight of fantasy.

Seems to me you could have enough material for a whole chapter in your new book.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Rachael wrote: 17 Jul 2019 22:28 So what are we saying? That the mods on SE23 Life locked down the thread solely on CB’s claim that the matter is now in police hands? If I were one of those mods, I’d want to see some documentary proof of the legal status of the complaint before taking this action. This is a serious matter.
Indeed, a crime reference number would be useful to anyone wishing make sure they can get any relevant information to the right person. Meanwhile can you remind us what the Mods handbook says about sockpuppet infringements?

Stuart
ThorNogson

Post by ThorNogson »

It’s been mentioned that this could make a daytime TV soap or perhaps a book. I understand that the following working titles are already in development.
Duncombe Hill Street Blues
Names under the Hammer
Sunset Beach
(Bad) Neighbours
The Great Flava Bakeoff
Pointless
The Clangers
JGD

Post by JGD »

ThorNogson wrote: 18 Jul 2019 03:36 It’s been mentioned that this could make a daytime TV soap or perhaps a book. I understand that the following working titles are already in development.
Duncombe Hill Street Blues
Names under the Hammer
Sunset Beach
(Bad) Neighbours
The Great Flava Bakeoff
Pointless
The Clangers
Wins the prize for Funniest Post of the Week.