Welcome to the 'new blue' Sydenham Town

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the 'new blue' Sydenham Town

Post by admin »

Here is my first update on the plans for Sydenham Town.

First a bit of history. SydTown was started to fill the free webspace I got with a Freeserve account. I basically stuck up a few photos I had taken of the shops and stuff about the Crystal Palace redevelopment and Sydenham Society.

Both of those later spawned their own websites which is good news but left SydTown a bit bereft and unloved.

But when I came to look at it again earlier this year I was surprised to find it was the most popular Lewisham community site by Google ranking. Which made me, as a web designer, a bit ashamed at what they were seeing.

I had done Community sites before - but only in rich Surrey where you can make money out of it. Not in dear old Sydenham I fear.

So it has to be an unpaid labour of love - the GoogleAds only help to defray part of the costs. It is only worth it if SydTown is of use to people. Time will be always limited - I do have a day job!

Which is why I took some time this summer to enlarge the amount of useful (and useless) information. There is a lot more to do here - so pointers as to what you really want would be very useful.

SydTown should not reflect one point of view. I always encouraged feedback - you will see some of that tranplanted onto the board under 'guest'. But a Forum is a better way of getting the community to talk to each other so I hope you will.

As the Forum was blue - I thought I might change the website to match it. Can you spot the join?

Enjoy!
Last edited by admin on 20 Jul 2005 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
thebackster

Post by thebackster »

I'm loving the Greyhound blue...good choice! :lol: