Forum changes

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
admin
Site Admin

Forum changes

Post by admin »

Easier Registration
----------------------

After some helpful offline comments I decided to slim down 'Registration' to the absolute minimum.

Gone is the long winded legalese and over/under13 stuff. You now only have to choose a username (any name identifiable or not), an email address so you can recover your password and the password itself.

Optionally you can add location "Sydenham' , 'Kirkdale', etc - or leave it blank. And for visiting Sydenhamites from other continents you can reset your clock to local time.

We hope you will find this faster and more convenient. And if you have already registered I hope it will encourage you to 'find a friend' for the Forum.
Last edited by admin on 13 Oct 2004 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Category changes
---------------------

I have consolidated the Sydenham Ads categories and the Flame category to make the Forum faster and easier to browse.

Hope this helps.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Forum Changes /2
---------------------

I have deleted the Ads category as it had received no posts since launch. This further slims down the Forum to make browsing easier and faster.