Sockpuppetry

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
admin
Site Admin

Sockpuppetry

Post by admin »

Sockpuppetry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet) is not allowed on STF. Culprits will be banned. Period.

There may be occasion when a member wishes to post anonymously under another username for good reason. It is good practice to inform the Admin if you do this to avoid embarrassment later.

I have removed the thread on sockpuppetry as any suspicion should be made directly by PMing the Admin. To accuse another member publicly without conclusive evidence will lead to mistakes and may discourage innocent new members.

And, except in the Town Pub, and then only between consenting members do we get into personal abuse.

Hoping you understand. Any questions?

Admin
bigbadwolf

Re: Sockpuppetry

Post by bigbadwolf »

admin wrote:Any questions?
Yes. Will you be making the results of any IP address cross-references public?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No.

Admin
marymck

Post by marymck »

Golly this was completely new to me. I thought sockpuppetry was like Shani Lewis and Lampchop. Thank you Admin for educating me.
Pantwetter

Post by Pantwetter »

Couldn't agree more admin. Whilst my first post wasn't exactly fluffy, I was wasn't exactly expecting to be outed as an alter ego. I'm bigger and better than all that so wasn't offended.
Kirkdale Boy

Post by Kirkdale Boy »

Thank you admin. Maybe we can now put this bed and get on with posting about the relevant things in SE26 and SE23 if people so wish.