Where have all the poster's gone?

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Eagle

Where have all the poster's gone?

Post by Eagle »

Hi Folks
Never can I recall such a small number of posts. One can only assume the usual suspects have gone on their annual exotic vacation or pilgramage to Penge.
Annie.

Re: Where have all the poster's gone?

Post by Annie. »

I,m still here Eagle.;0))

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Annie
Good to hear from you and that you have not joined the Ponge exodus.

I hope you are keeping well.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Eagle wrote:Hi Folks
Never can I recall such a small number of posts. One can only assume the usual suspects have gone on their annual exotic vacation or pilgramage to Penge.
Lenten self-denial?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Would it not be easier to abstain from beef lasagne.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I,m fine thanks Eagle, just learning to keep my "drivel" to myself, keep up the good work!

14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Eagle wrote:Hi Folks
No, most of us have just been working Eagle!
Us people with the broadest shoulders have to carry the most vulnerable of society! :lol:

Enjoy the peace and quite while you can. Take a siesta maybe? 8)
Last edited by 14BradfordRoad on 15 Feb 2013 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I must defend Annie. I usually agreed with her well argued points.
Certainly not drivel.
Shame on you Rod.
She is one of the few posters who do not seem to be under the spell of The Guardian./
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

As opposed to being under the spell of the Mail Eagle?

I'd rate the Mail as the worst newspaper. There are more tits writing in that paper than in the Daily Sport.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I do not purchase the DM , cannot speak for anyone else. I subscribe to the Morning Post , now called The Telegraph.
Apart from the FT the only broadsheet left amongst all the tabloids.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Valid points Rod , in some cases.
As I do not purchase the DM and do not often read it cannot say for certain how often I agree or not with its comments.
stuart

Post by stuart »

I purchase the grauniad and the FT as the only two that strive for truth and are not obviously influenced by a proprietor.

Eagle - Respect, one can often be pinker than the other in all respects :wink:

Stuart
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I agree the FT is a fine publication. The Guardian does it best despite its left of center bias.
What keeps it afloat is the adverts for state jobs. The G seems to have gained a monopoly in that dept.
gerispringer

Post by gerispringer »

But of course there aren't any state jobs anymore which is why the grauniad is losing £££££££££.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

There are still millions of state jobs. True about 1 million less than before , but I am sure we all agree there has to be more working in the private sector to provide income to support state jobs and gold plated pensions.
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Eagle wrote:There are still millions of state jobs. True about 1 million less than before , but I am sure we all agree there has to be more working in the private sector to provide income to support state jobs and gold plated pensions.
Gold plated pensions? :?
So when you read that the richest 1,000 people in the country increased their wealth last year
by £60bn, number 34 in that list must be Alf, a retired fireman from Ipswich, who now lives in
Cannes on a boat he outbid Roman Abramovich for, and holds parties where he uses his skills to spray cocktails into everyone's glass from a hose. And number 49 will be Beryl, a retired midwife who's planning to buy Tottenham Hotspur if she can mount a challenge to the current chief shareholder, Amy, the retired lollipop lady from Workington.
As for myself, a School caretaker, I'm split between buying an Aston Martin and a Ferrari when
I retire. I'll need to something reliable to drive down to my country estate! :lol: :lol:

Ah! I get you now Eagle! :roll:
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Eagle wrote:There are still millions of state jobs. True about 1 million less than before , but I am sure we all agree there has to be more working in the private sector to provide income to support state jobs and gold plated pensions.
True, Eagle. State jobs like: Prime Minster, Chancellor etc perhaps? I'm sure they support getting people out of the employment by the state and working in the private sector to provide income to support state jobs and their gold plated pensions.

;-)
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Bradford
I appreciate some individuals may not get what they consider a great pension. Others do.

It is a fact that if the employee was given the money they had contributed to buy a private pension they would get probably 20% at most compared with what they actually get.

Many senior teachers and others on pensions inflation linked over 20k. To earn such a pension on the private market would cost contributions of over 500 k.
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Eagle wrote:Bradford
I appreciate some individuals may not get what they consider a great pension. Others do.
I doubt you appreciate anything about low paid staff who accepted low pay in the first place
because it was linked to a mediocre pension, not some sort of 'Golden Bonus' as you would like
to believe - a comlete fallacy spouted by those who give the real 'Golden Bonuses' to the rich!
The others that DO? Would that include Bankers working for nationalised banks, propped up
with tax payers money possibly? They are as much employed by the tax payer as anyone else!
===============================================
Eagle wrote: It is a fact that if the employee was given the money they had contributed to buy a private pension they would get probably 20% at most compared with what they actually get.
Neither here nor there Eagle as that was never the agreement when they signed up for the
pension scheme. The offer of 20% cash was never on the table unless you know different.
Maybe you believe that's all they should get as you suggested this point in the first place? :?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Eagle wrote: Many senior teachers and others on pensions inflation linked over 20k. To earn such a pension on the private market would cost contributions of over 500 k.
Many politicians and bankers amongst others do too! You haven't mentioned them or do you
just make see relevance where senior teachers (Oh! and 'others') are concerned :?
What about hard working public servants who get about £8K pension after 30-40 years loyal
service - such as school cooks, many hospital staff, caretakers, etc - you forget these people
when making your case, so your £20k is hardly a balanced one! My wife has been a teaching assistant for 15 years and is due to retire this year on (wait for it) a 'Golden' pension of £900
per year! Your idea of 'Golden' must be a very faded and blinkered shade of beige! :?

I realise that I'm probably wasting my time again Eagle as you will probably have your fingers
firmly plugged into your ears and that Tory blindfold pulled tightly over your eyes!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

To get back to Eagle's original question, I suspect Tim has given up the forum for Lent.