Spot the Admin

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
admin
Site Admin

Spot the Admin

Post by admin »

Just to say I removed a thread speculating about the identity of Admin. Those curious to know who exactly he/she is and why I am so coy about it are welcome to a special 'social' next week. This will be mainly about the ideas behind the upcoming new website and depleting a few barrels.

I'm thinking Thursday evening 21st in The Dolphin from 7.30pm. Anybody game?

Admin
maestro

Re: Spot the Admin

Post by maestro »

First noticed you had an alter ego about three years ago (so already know been sparring with admin on several threads). I'd have just PM'd Michael with your explanation, not really an issue as far as I'm concerned. But wonder what other "dual identities" Michael could have been refering to.

Eagle
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Will you be coming along as Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?

Admin :wink:
maestro

Post by maestro »

admin wrote:Will you be coming along as Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?

Admin :wink:
I'm afraid neither as I'm always 'Brenda' on Thursdays.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I'd come, but I'm afraid I might be the only Lady. Does the Dolphin serve sweet sherry?
maestro

Post by maestro »

Rachael wrote:I'd come, but I'm afraid I might be the only Lady. Does the Dolphin serve sweet sherry?
Oh do come along and keep me company Rachael, I'll make a point of shavin' me legs.

michael

Post by michael »

maestro wrote:First noticed you had an alter ego about three years ago (so already know been sparring with admin on several threads). I'd have just PM'd Michael with your explanation, not really an issue as far as I'm concerned. But wonder what other "dual identities" Michael could have been refering to.
Eagle
Admin did exactly that, although I can't say I'm convinced.
It's not even as if I was posting information that had not been posted previously, see *************************
However, it is his/her forum and it is her/his prerogative to delete any threads or posts he/she wishes, including this one I assume.

-------------
Thank you for locating that long last thread of seven years ago which I have now munged as it was published at a time when one did not have to worry about certain things. I had told you why and asked you politely not do it again. I am sorry that you have for the third time today decided to do this. You have known who I am for several years so I do not understand your sudden desire to out me. Do come along next Thursday and explain.
maestro

Post by maestro »

michael wrote:Admin did exactly that, although I can't say I'm convinced.
But what in particular are you not conviced about.
michael

Post by michael »

maestro wrote:
michael wrote:Admin did exactly that, although I can't say I'm convinced.
But what in particular are you not conviced about.
I'll refrain from publicly posting the contents of a PM. If admin had wanted to share his reasoning publicly I guess he would have posted it here.
The question remains, what was so bad about me posting this when it was already elsewhere on the forum?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

michael wrote:The question remains, what was so bad about me posting this when it was already elsewhere on the forum?
I have already answered that both publicly and privately. And will do again next Thursday if anyone is still interested. I have no secrets offline.

Meanwhile Michael I do not like to admonish anyone in public but you were asked not to do something again. You repeated it twice. You are also PMing information that is untrue and, I have to assume, seeking to undermine STF, or at least me. Its like you are looking to be banned.

Well you will have to try a little harder. Please row back and put this aside. No one wins.

Admin
maestro

Post by maestro »

michael wrote: The question remains, what was so bad about me posting this when it was already elsewhere on the forum?
If you are asking me, please point out where I have ever said it was "so bad".

There are currently 115,360 posts on this forum so my apologies for having missed what in particular you are referring to.

Rachael, do we have a date? :D
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I'll have to find my best girdle...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
maestro

Post by maestro »

Meet us in the Golden Lion half an hour before, I'm sure we can soon sort you out with a girdle that will fit. We'll be sitting in the far right hand corner by the fruit machine with two pints of Guinness on our table, but just in case you still don't recognise us I'll be the one wearing dark seamed tights, a navy skirt, taupe blouse, tangerine jacket. white high heels and strawberry blonde wig. Admin will apparently be wearing a lilac two piece affair, peach blouse, a henna red wig and sporting a pastel pink & blue embellished handbag (pfft! - wouldn't listen!).
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

Rachael wrote:I'd come, but I'm afraid I might be the only Lady. Does the Dolphin serve sweet sherry?
I was thinking of coming if that makes any difference? ;-)

On the other issue, it's not unusual for forum admin and mods to have personal accounts separate from their official one; it allows them to express opinions! On some forums its an open secret or in-joke. On others, it's completely confidential. Personally I think it's admin's choice.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Barry

Post by Barry »

JulietP wrote:I was thinking of coming if that makes any difference? ;-)
I used to have a rule, never go to forum bunfights, then I broke my own rule and it's all just too late!
:lol: :lol: