New STF Mobile Theme

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
admin
Site Admin

New STF Mobile Theme

Post by admin »

Mobile users will have noticed the theme has changed. An improvement?

I have also created a 'Desktop / Mobile' toggle so you can easily switch versions. It is at the top right on the desktop and bottom right of the mobile pages.

Admin
Rachael

Re: New STF Mobile Theme

Post by Rachael »

Is there any way to go straight to the last post in threads, apart from those marked with a new post?

In any case, I'll probably use the toggle to desktop mode.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

It's clean and easy on the eye. But the screen width isn't fixed like the previous version; it tends to wave around a bit...

michael

Post by michael »

Looks good on the mobile and I like the nice switch to desktop mode for my tablet, with all the added functionality that is available.

On the tablet both versions are so grey, I guess this is how the web looked before the invention of colour in the 1970s.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rachael,

Yes. Set your display preferences in the UCP to descending order and it should work consistently across both versions.

Juliet,

Can you elucidate. What device/OS are you using. Any chance of a screen shot? The old mobile version is still available as style=3.

Michael,

What do expect from 50 shades of Admin?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Can we have the board index hyperlink at the top of the page as well as the bottom? I quite often click through from Twitter then have a mosey around the rest of the forum. I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of a long thread to find the board index link.

Oh, hang on, I just clicked on the up arrow and got the links. I didn't get it first time because it's right below the button that takes me back to Twitter. I've tried it several times and I almost always activate the back to Twitter button, even if I'm very, very careful. I'm using Tweetbot.