Double Glazers Sydenham

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
AliceK

Double Glazers Sydenham

Post by AliceK »

Does anyone know of good double glazers in the area?

Looking to get my windows done by someone recommended, and thought the the good people of Sydenham might be able to help me out on this one!
robbieduncan

Re: Double Glazers Sydenham

Post by robbieduncan »

What are you looking for? UPVc? Upgrade wooden sashes to double glazing?
Jacks

Post by Jacks »

I used Gilham and Gilham. They're not local but they cover the area and Glen, who owns the company, is incredibly knowledgeable. Not a pushy salesman in sight!!
AliceK

Post by AliceK »

Haven't really made my mind up about exactly what I want. Was hoping double glazers would be able to help me with that! I am looking to upgrade my windows which are currently wooden sash windows.

Thanks for the tip Jacks!
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

We have just had the front windows in our house upgraded by http://joineryworkshop.com/. Happy with the results so they are coming back to do more! We had existing wooden sashes, single glazed and drafty some of which would not open. We now have double glazing, no drafts and new paintwork (and all windows open). Still wooden sashes. Was very impressed at the lack of attempt to bump up the price, if anything they did themselves out of work where it was unncessary.