Disposal of Xmas Tree

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
TommyP

Disposal of Xmas Tree

Post by TommyP »

Hi there,
Not been on here for quite a while but good to be back and have a look about.
Just quickly, was wondering whether anyone could advise me of the best way to dispose of an Xmas tree locally.
Does anyone know of any collections or anything? I don't have a car, so transporting it could be a bit problematic but saying that it is not a huge tree.
Many Thanks if anyone can assist.
Cheers,
Tom
leenewham

Re: Disposal of Xmas Tree

Post by leenewham »

The secret garden centre in Crystal palace do it.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Your nearest drop-off point is probably Mayow Park. A Christmas tree that has lost half its pine needles is surprisingly light and easy to carry.

The full list of drop-off points in Lewisham can be found here: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/w ... cling.aspx
mosy

Post by mosy »

Depending on your carrying options, you could buy a pair of seccateurs (garden scissors) for under £10 to cut off the branches to get those and trunk to a drop off point. If you have somewhere for the (snipped off) branches and trunk to dry out for a while it'll all be much lighter.
somerandombloke

Post by somerandombloke »

Or you could just dump it in the street like every other **** seems to think it's Ok to do so.
multisync

Post by multisync »

You could take it to Wells Park if you have a car
TommyP

Post by TommyP »

Thanks everyone for your input - I think that the easiest option will be to chop it up myself and take it along to one of the places that can recycle it.

I have noticed more than a few simply dumped on the street which is irritiating I agree.

I shall be the model citizen ofcourse and dispose of it responsibly. Let's keep the season of good will going for a little bit longer!

Cheers All.