Curtain/Blind Maker?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
TommyP

Curtain/Blind Maker?

Post by TommyP »

Hi All

We're doing up our house & are in need of a good, local roman blind maker.

Thanks

Tom
gerispringer

Re: Curtain/Blind Maker?

Post by gerispringer »

Designer drapes in Penge High Street are great. They have a workroom over the shop. Loads of fab fabrics. Not super cheap but excellent quality and they come and fit them for you. I have just had 2 new ones from them and they are lovely.
mosy

Post by mosy »

The House of Carpets & Curtains on Sydenham Road (opposite the post office near the pocket square) make Roman blinds (and all window adornments) made-to-measure from any of their wide selection of fabrics. Tel 020 8778 8534. (I asked while in today.) Their email is: info@houseofcarpetsandcurtains.co.uk
TommyP

Post by TommyP »

THanks very much for your help guys
Appreciate it
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

Or cut out the middle man and go straight to Justin - 07768733338. He supplies and fits for the shop in Sydenham, we've used him for years and has supplied all our blinds and curtains. I went to him direct when the old guy left the shop in Syd - the chap who is there now specializes in flooring - he's not so passionate about window stuff. Justin is very quick and proffessional, he arrives, measures and is out of the door in minutes. Same when coming to fit, he certainly knows his stuff.
jonathan_har

Post by jonathan_har »

We had Roman blinds made by Designer Drapes, they did a good job. I did ask House of Carpets on the High St, but they said they couldn't do it - that was a couple of years ago, so don't know whether they now could.
TommyP

Post by TommyP »

Thanks all that is great.
I think we will give Justin and call as he sounds like a good guy for the job!
Cheers,
Tom
mosy

Post by mosy »

Whatever you decide, please don't forget that there's a lot of work involved plus extra bits and bobs needed that go into the making of Roman blinds as well as the cost of whichever fabric you choose. (I know cos I made one.)

I chose a fabric for my kitchen that still let light through, although granted you might want a heavier black-out fabric if for a bedroom say. They do have a disadvantage on a flat rather than inset window of having visible light boarders if viewed from the outside, but I guess you'll know that.