Sydenham Cinema?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
jackieboo

Sydenham Cinema?

Post by jackieboo »

Hello,

I lived in Kent House Road in the 70's. Does anyone remember the cinema opposite Slatter's, on the corner where Safeway used to be?

Also does anyone remember the snow on Xmas morning in 1970/71? Would there be any photos anywhere.

Fond memories of Sydenham.................shame about the traffic now - I avoid it when I can sadly.
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

check this out ! - few photos half way down http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic. ... 82ee1026b7
jackieboo

Post by jackieboo »

Thank you for the link. That was quick! I must have been one of the last to go there then we saw Chiity Chitty Bang Bang there so must have been just before it closed. I remember the steps down from it on the corner.

On another tangent, anyone remember the Treble Clef record shop? I spent many a happy Saturday in there buying the latest single.
Jules

Post by Jules »

I remember Treble Clef. It must have lasted into the 80's I bought my first single in there !!
jackieboo

Post by jackieboo »

Glad someone remembers it. I regularly went in there to buy new styluses. Seems a lifetime ago (what are styluses I hear someone asking)................ :lol: :lol:
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

One of my old friends used to run the record dept up until it closed (budgie) ,was really good in the early 80s though for the latest soul 12''s chris