High Street Shut

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
robbieduncan

High Street Shut

Post by robbieduncan »

Just below Trewsbury road. Multiple Police units and at least one Ambulance in attendance. Not sure what's going on. Looks like a traffic incident

https://flic.kr/p/wbTCtt
https://flic.kr/p/wsGN3s
mosy

Re: High Street Shut

Post by mosy »

Dunno. We passed going westward around 5.50pm? and noticed that "something" must have happened. Road not closed at that time (well, not Syd Rd.) just police vehicles obstructing/controlling eastward traffic.

Have to hope no-one injured whatever it was.
coll

Post by coll »

We saw this as well. Haven't a clue what it was. We were trying get to kent house road and the police directed us down Girton Road where they were having a street party. We drove through apologising to the residents on the street, explaining 'the road is blocked'. I suspect they thought we were trying to be obnoxious and aggressive driving through their party. We weren't. We were a bit turned around. They were not happy. Really not happy! Sorry! It wasn't done intentionally :shock: :?
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

I walked past about 6pm and the firemen were cutting open the car. Couldn't see anybody in it though.
parker

Post by parker »

coll wrote:We saw this as well. Haven't a clue what it was. We were trying get to kent house road and the police directed us down Girton Road where they were having a street party. We drove through apologising to the residents on the street, explaining 'the road is blocked'. I suspect they thought we were trying to be obnoxious and aggressive driving through their party. We weren't. We were a bit turned around. They were not happy. Really not happy! Sorry! It wasn't done intentionally :shock: :?
You've probably caused a full scale riot now knowing Sydenham!