Street signs-advice please?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Maria

Street signs-advice please?

Post by Maria »

We need two custom made external signs or plaques (engraved/etched metal) for wall mounting. We have googled lots of designers but would much rather support someone known and local. Any advice, please? Many thanks
Parker1970

Re: Street signs-advice please?

Post by Parker1970 »

The only place that immediately comes to mind is the shop next to the Harbour 321 fish bar. They do engraving of trophies etc and sell items that can be engraved. If they don't have what you need, they may be able to recommend someone who can. Just passed Sydenham Station (purple shop front), I think it's called Cinderellas.
mosy

Post by mosy »

There used to be a signmaker in Deptford, which although not exactly local is within Lewisham borough. There's a list on Yell here if it helps: http://www.yell.com/s/sign+makers-se8.html
Maria

Post by Maria »

Thank you very much both of you. Yes, I have the Yell list in front of me and have already contacted 2 local - Sydenham based! - firms; they will get back to me when available.

The trophies shop: why didn't I think of that?? will pass by right now and enquire.

Thanks again.