Willow Way?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
natalieh101

Willow Way?

Post by natalieh101 »

Just wondering if anyone knows what is happening to the large site at Willow Way, Kirkdale? I know it was used as a temporary school but now that's gone, hoping there are more exciting plans? I know there's been talk of re-classifying for residential use but assume Lewisham are too rubbish for it to have happened that quickly!
Tim Lund

Re: Willow Way?

Post by Tim Lund »

This is where things were July last year

Development in Kirkdale/Willow Way/Dartmouth Road triangle

Pat Trembath should be contactable via the Sydenham Society, and Michael via the Forest Hill Society

Both are also occasional posters on this Forum
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

The current designation for this area is "employment use".

Aware that this site will be redeveloped at some stage, and as part of the SEE3 "Legacy" (with the help of architecural post-graduates from Kingston University as part of their MA course), considerable work was done with local residents and retailers during 2013/4 to discuss how it could be developed for the benefit of the area around Kirkdale High Street. It was considered that a change of designation to "mixed use", to allow for residential alongside employment, would help to improve the area overall.

This resulted in two presentations to Forest Hill Assembly. The proposals were approved by those attending the Assembly. Following this a formal SEE3 document was presented to Planning Officers last February with ideas to be considered when the Council revisited their local Neighbourhood Plan - this is happening now.

Not being over savvy about inserting links to documents I'll email the pdf to Tim Lund and he can do whatever has to be done to put this link up on the Forum.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pat Trembath wrote:Not being over savvy about inserting links to documents I'll email the pdf to Tim Lund and he can do whatever has to be done to put this link up on the Forum.
Hi Pat - It's pretty simple.

- Copy and paste the link from your browser bar into the text box where you write your post.
- Highlight the link
- Click the URL button above the text box.

Job done.

Admin
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

admin wrote:
Pat Trembath wrote:Not being over savvy about inserting links to documents I'll email the pdf to Tim Lund and he can do whatever has to be done to put this link up on the Forum.
Hi Pat - It's pretty simple.

- Copy and paste the link from your browser bar into the text box where you write your post.
- Highlight the link
- Click the URL button above the text box.

Job done.

Admin
I suspect Pat only had the file on her PC, so you are missing the key step of helping her upload it somewhere.

I'll shortly post something in the Asylum about this.

EDIT - Done
Last edited by Tim Lund on 25 Nov 2015 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

You suspected correctly, Tim. Thank you for uploading to STF
natalieh101

Post by natalieh101 »

Thanks for the Intel all - fingers crossed for more exciting developments!