Tennis

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
TommyP

Tennis

Post by TommyP »

Hi there,
I am quite keen to get into tennis more regularly now that we are moving out of the grip of winter and was wondering if there are any other folks keen for a game occasionally. I work shift work currently so my working hours and dates are very all over the place currently as a freelancer.
I have been thinking about joinning the local tennis club although have not yet made the move - has anybody/ is anybody a member there and can share any info on it atall? In the meantime if there is anyone who may fancy a bit of practice and is of a mediocre level like myself then please drop me a line.
Cheers,
TOM
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

I'll give you a game down Honor Oak playing fields if you like? As far as I'm aware, you can just walk in there with your own rackets and ball. Might want to check the arrangement at Wells Park though... I'm a novice, too, BTW.
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Sydenham Tennis Club is in Lawrie Park Road 020 8778 4217.

"Beginners" tennis is every Wednesday evening starting at 7pm. Just turn up. Geoff is the guy in charge. You just play doubles and switch around after one set..

Go along for a few weeks and see how you like it before joining the club.
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Following on from the post above, families might be interested in Easter holiday coaching - details below:

8-11 April, SYDENHAM LAWN TENNIS & CROQUET CLUB, Lawrie Park Road SE26 6ET Four day group coaching sessions with professional coaches from 9am-12noon for 8-11 year-olds and 1-4pm for 12-15 year-olds. Each session includes two hours of tennis coaching plus either rounders, racquetball or table tennis, with a mini tournament at the end of each week. Facilities are available for wet-weather activities if necessary. Beginners and improvers welcome. £45 for all four days. Book with Chris Howard on 07739 936999.
danstevens

Post by danstevens »

The web site for sydenham tennis club provides all the information you need - unfortunately it's down at the moment as we're having problems renewing the domain due to a permanant telephone queue of 20+ people at Fasthosts. Hopefully we'll get it sorted in the next couple of days - i'll let you know when it's back up again.

all the best

Dan.
TommyP

THanks all

Post by TommyP »

thankyou all for yr input so far....
appreciated
danstevens

Post by danstevens »

no problem,

the web site is back up now:

http://www.sydenhamracketsports.co.uk/