Quoting private messages in the forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Would somebody please explain what the hell was all that about!!Who did what to who about what and when? Why has Falkor gone off in a huff? Was it because he did not get the recognition he felt he deserved? Personally I shall miss his posts and his enthusiasm for local history.He appeared to be disappointed by the lack of reciprocation to his posts. I am sure I am not alone when I say that I wish I had the time to visit libraries and source archives but with work, family and other commitments it is just not possible, physically and mentally. Yes Falkor be the truth known your zeal shall be missed. You can love him, you can hate him but you cannot ignore him.Good luck.
DigitalFX

Post by DigitalFX »

Well......

Come on falkor what is all this about?????

Although I have not always agreed with your posts and replies like most on here have always found them interesting. Your knowledge of history betwen yourself and Steve has always been an eye opener for me, to which I have learned a great deal about the area I live in.

Well, if you have gone it was a shame that I never got to meet you in person as I always like to put a face to the name. The forum will not be the same without you....

God...I am being nice, what's wrong with me .......

Gaz
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

stop posting your lovey-dovey PM's in the forum, Gaz!

HAHAH!!
DigitalFX

Post by DigitalFX »

lambchops,

I am just showing that I have a nice side too...lol

For a skinhead I am a little pussy cat, but hay don't tell anybody I like to keep it a secret....lol.....I was looking forward to meting him in person, but Oh well it will never be...

Gaz
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I hadn't read this.

Sorry to see you go Falkor, your posts were incredibly interesting and you will leave a void. I often liked to read what you posted, your articles were well researched and written.

Please come back.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Falkor - if you ever do contribute to another website about local history, could you let us know? You did have an appreciative audience on the STF (even if you didn't get quite the response you wanted) and I for one would like to see more of your work in future. Thanks.
Ginge

Post by Ginge »

Can't we let this topic go, he's run off in an over dramatic sulk and all these posts are doing are massinging his ego - Yes his posts were informative but keeping this going serves no purpose. If he has left he won't read them anyway.
Ginge

Post by Ginge »

I meant "massaging" not "massinging" :oops:
user100

Post by user100 »

I'm with Ginge on this one - let's not keep this thread going.

Let that be the final word on it.
user100

Post by user100 »

It would be pointless to keep harping on about it.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

I am against a mass ginge-ing.

Our red headed friends should not be given special treatment.