Advice on planning (?) sought

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
caz

Advice on planning (?) sought

Post by caz »

Hello,

Not Sydenham (for which apologies), but I was wondering if someone might point me in the right direction. Bromley council are planning to replace some (but not all) of the Victorian street lights on my road with rather unsightly LED lights. I would like to at least try and prevent this, due to the significant adverse impact on the character of my street and the integrity of the surrounding conservation area.

I have tried to speak to the council but have not once been put through to someone who takes responsibility. Given that there have been a number of topics related to planning on this forum (if indeed 'planning' is what this falls under), and that at least part of Sydenham is also in Bromley, would anyone have any tips on how to proceed?

Many thanks!
Eagle

Re: Advice on planning (?) sought

Post by Eagle »

I think you will find more economic to run .

Good luck but expect wasting your time.
mikej

Post by mikej »

caz, I think this does count as Sydenham - as you say, part of Syd is in Bromley.

This Bromley page has info about the programme:

http://www.bromley.gov.uk/info/200089/s ... lighting/2

You could contact one of your local councillors (Penge & Cator ward),

Peter.Fookes@bromley.gov.uk
kathy.bance@bromley.gov.uk
Kevin.Brooks@bromley.gov.uk

they represent Labour.
caz

Post by caz »

Many thanks!
alywin

Post by alywin »

I think it comes under "Street Scene" in Bromley, doesn't it? Integrity of conservation area would I would have thought be a good reason for not introducing the wretched things. They're liable to give me a migraine, and several units appear to have failed already - so much for the vaunted "long life". OTOH, if you want to stand on the pavement after dark and read a newspaper, they're great for that!