Proposed new SE26.life forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Rachael

Re: Proposed new SE26.life forum

Post by Rachael »

On the basis of this thread, I can't say I blame you, which is a sad state of affairs.
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

I agree about the depressing nature of this thread.

Regards
Chris
appletree

Post by appletree »

I agree the thread is depressing but am not sure why Stuart was so hostile to Chris Beach for his initial posting when CB did not start the thread. Why was it a breach of confidence or civility for him to introduce himself?

As I said, I hold no brief for SE23.life and have never met anyone concerned with it, but it is doing a better job as a local forum than any if the others in the area except the one in Dulwich.
stuart

Post by stuart »

appletree wrote:I agree the thread is depressing but am not sure why Stuart was so hostile to Chris Beach for his initial posting when CB did not start the thread. Why was it a breach of confidence or civility for him to introduce himself?
It wasn't Appletree.

I have no problem with Chris making a pitch for SE26.life. Its surely what this forum is for? I have no problem with Chris as a poster. I have met him at a SE23.life jolly and found him an amiable fellow. If that has been it I would not even have responded.

However, Chris revealed publicly he was meeting me to discuss his project. There was an inference that I may be part of it. It was a private meeting which I had not shared with anyone precisely because I would not be part of any forum administration and that is what and why I wanted to explain to him. Revealing our proposed meeting in public with no forewarning compromised me in an embarrassing way and would, I assume, cause unnecessary concern to other parties including the STF Admin that I may be going behind their back.

This, I feel, and still do - was a misjudgement on his part.

Hence, though I would have wished not to respond as I did, I had no alternative to make my position clear to all. I hope that explains things a little more clearly and hope you can see my point - even if you consider my response too strong. Its hard to calibrate these things.

You are right it is deeply depressing. I just feel so sad that the FH Forum Wars has spilled over the border into Sydenham which has, IMHO, done neither FH Forum any good. Do we want to repeat that here?

Stuart
appletree

Post by appletree »

Thanks, Stuart, that does explain things. I wonder if Chris Beach understood the administrative structure of this board? Until Robin started the thread there was no mention of the proposals on this board. It could be that it appeared all was now public.

I hope this can all be resolved amicably.
P1971

Post by P1971 »

I also find this thread quite uninviting & I possibly added to that myself, though I didn't mean to.

I genuinely hope all have an amazing Easter & will not post on this thread again & wish everyone all the best.