Sydenham Jumble Trail - Sunday 11th June 2017

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Syddersisters

Sydenham Jumble Trail - Sunday 11th June 2017

Post by Syddersisters »

Hello welcome to Sydenham!

I'm organising my first Jumble Trail for a bit of fun & old community spirit. On Sunday 11th June 10am - 4pm. Save the date. You can take part by buying or selling old treasures.

A Jumble Trail is like a car boot sale but it's on your street, communities co-ordinate to set up stalls outside their houses to sell bric-a-brac, toys, vintage clothes, cakes etc. It's a good excuse to declutter and you have more than 50 days!

The whole thing is coordinated online at jumbletrail.com providing visitors with a colour coded map to explore the treasure on sale in your neighbourhood.

If you’re thinking of signing up to the Sydenham & Friends Jumble Trail – do it now! The more sign ups, the more it encourages others in your area to do the same, the more visitors you get & the more fun you have & the more stuff you sell. Recruit your friends & neighbours it's going to be a fab day in SE26! Spread the word!

It would be great to get 100 stalls, some people playing some tunes, amazing food, art & crafts!
It's only £4 per stall (this is to cover printing costs & Jumble Trail to run their website).

We'll start distributing flyers to local businesses asap!
http://www.jumbletrail.com/event/SE26
Twitter: @jumbletrail #SE26jumble
Facebook page: Jumble Trail - see under Events
Last edited by Syddersisters on 31 May 2017 20:39, edited 2 times in total.
monkeyarms

Re: Sydenham & friends Jumble Trail - Sunday 11th June 2017

Post by monkeyarms »

Good for you. The Penge jumble trail was a lot of fun last year - felt like a genuinely festive social occasion. (And I also picked up a few bargain paperback books I'd been meaning to read for ages) Met a lot of locals I now chat to regularly
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

Is this actually going ahead? I noticed that there's still only one stall participating and we're in May.
Syddersisters

Post by Syddersisters »

Hello yes it definitely let's add a bit of fun community spirit to Sydenham! We have 2 stalls so far and there's been a lot of interest and retweets on Twitter but we'd like to get to 100 or 50 so we need your support.

Recruit your friends & neighbours and play some tunes in your front garden as we'd love to make it a good one! This is a community event, organised by locals and open to everyone. Go on sign up!

Sell your old treasures, furniture, toys, art, cakes or crafty creations?

Leaflets will start going out to local business/noticeboards next week so look out for them!
Syddersisters

Post by Syddersisters »

Hello just a bit of an update we have 5 stalls now and about 25 days to do, so one extra a day and it will get to 30. The more who sign up the better as it will encourage more people to come to Sydenham to explore, you will sell more and have more fun!
www.jumbletrail.com/event/se26 if we can get 30 stalls by end of May we can get a map of the trail printed in time! Yes, we can do this guys ; )
Syddersisters

Post by Syddersisters »

Hello Sydenham folk! The sun is beaming & we're hoping our Jumble Trail day will be the same!

By special request, we've now asked Jumble Trail to widen the area to a bit of Penge and Kirkdale so more of you guys can get involved. Sign up here: www.jumbletrail.com/event/SE26 it would be amazing if you could do it soon as it would encourage others to do it, we have 15 days left! Exciting.

It's really happening! We have 9 stalls and
If I can get 1% of you guys that looked at this thread we'll have 7 more stalls!

There are now 56 stalls that have signed up to one of the 3 local events in West Norwood, Penge and Sydenham. Sydenham is first on Sunday 11th June so don't miss your one! Have fun decluttering!

Please spread the word! The more people the better! :D
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

I'm on Byne and could potentially do this but there are no other stalls in the triangle of streets this side of the main road. I'd need to see what genuinely good "stock" I have but a friend is emigrating so may also show interest. Anyone else considering this out my way?
Syddersisters

Post by Syddersisters »

Hello yes we'd love you to do a stall and anyone else for that matter. It's going to be super as we now have 12 locals running a yard sale and we've just printed 2,000 leaflets so I can give you some to post around on your road. It will encourage others to do the same! We have 10 days to go. Sunday 11th June :lol:

Join here: www.jumbletrail.com/event/SE26

Also for anyone who wants to volunteer to distribute leaflets, help or thinking about setting up a stall, playing music, run any feature events, paint faces, bake cakes, write an article, design the final poster, come for a chat we are having a planning meeting on Monday 5th June at The Golden Lion front room at 7pm - 9pm. :roll:

Probably should have done this a bit earlier but I think we still have time the more people taking part the better.

The lovely people who run the B&G Cafe Choir are planning to do a performance at Mayow Park too on the Jumble Trail day! Time TBC!
alywin

Re: Sydenham Jumble Trail - Sunday 11th June 2017

Post by alywin »

So, when's the Penge one - later in the month, from what you say? I know there were quite a few stalls in the Venner Road toastrack last year for that one.
Syddersisters

Post by Syddersisters »

Hello. It's the #Sydenham Jumble Trail planning meeting tonight at 7pm @GoldenLion_SE26 come along, collect leaflets, a balloon & make bunting!

We need lots of helpers to door drop leaflets of the next couple of days. We have 17 stalls next Sunday 11th June 10am -4pm and need to make sure shoppers know it's happening and to get more stalls. It's not too late to join!

Anyone want to do a lemonade stand?
Www.jumbletrail.com/event/Se26
Michael Viner

Post by Michael Viner »

Alywin- the Penge Jumble Trail is on Sunday 2nd July.
Syddersisters

Post by Syddersisters »

Wicked, wicked Jumble is massive!

30+ locals are doing a yard sale on the same day. We hope you can join us to shop or set up your own stall alongside your neighbour!. :lol:

We'd love as many people in the community to explore, make friends and invite their friends to come. Grab a beer & the Jumble Trail map from BOB Wine then head on the sunny trail! Printed maps will be in Sydenham Road shops at the weekend & more if we can. There a few lonely stalls on streets so go support them or if you live on the same street do it too to encourage people to wonder down. see here: https://www.facebook.com/sydenhamjumbletrail/

Also Brown & Green's B&G Cafe Choir - Crystal Palace will be doing a special performance at Mayow Park at 1.30pm so check it out. They are looking for more singers, email them here: bandgcafechoir@gmail.com

More stalls might pop up on the day so keep your eyes out, check social media under #Sydenham and the our Jumble Trail page http://www.jumbletrail.com/event/SE26
Last edited by Syddersisters on 8 Jun 2017 21:10, edited 2 times in total.
Leese

Post by Leese »

What a great idea! Hope the weather is good - I'll be ambling round the stalls in the Thorpes :)
Syddersisters

Post by Syddersisters »

Wow give yourselves a pat on the back #Sydenham our jumble trail was huge success! Brown & Green Cafe Choir's first public appearance, chatting to more neighbours than ever before, sun tans, happy customers & stall holders!

We would love to see your photos & see what you bought on Facebook, Twitter or SE26.life as the organisers @Syddersisters never made it around! Remember to #Sydenham or it will hard to find!