Water pressure in lower Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
KPR

Water pressure in lower Sydenham

Post by KPR »

Anyone else got very high water pressure? Taps are gushing and it's made my shower lukewarm as the hot isn't enough to compete with the high pressure cold. Haven't done anything to make this happen that I'm aware of and the neighbours haven't noticed a difference. Thames are coming to have a look on Monday but say they haven't done any recent work in the area that could have made this happen. Any ideas?
gurka

Re: Water pressure in lower Sydenham

Post by gurka »

Hhhmmm that's interesting, as mine is doing the same, what part of lower are you ? have seen some workmen doing "something" with digging and pipes in the Home Park estate (Was loads of water in the road).
KPR

Post by KPR »

Knighton Park Road - hence the username.

Glad it's not just me then - Thames denied on the phone that there was anything going on, and it seems a bit lower pressure now, though I'm only going on feel and look rather than any scientific measurement obviously.
KPR

Post by KPR »

This resolved itself, once they fixed the burst main in Kent House Road - despite Thames coming out and denying it was down to them.