Power cut AGAIN

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Bamy

Power cut AGAIN

Post by Bamy »

Has anyone else had a power cut today? We live in Fransfield Grove and have had no power since 11am - I've just phoned EDF and have been told that it's a damaged cable and an engineer is on the case, but I've got to call back after 5.30 to find out a timescale of how long it will take to fix.
c4c_dave

Re: Power cut AGAIN

Post by c4c_dave »

Bamy wrote:Has anyone else had a power cut today? We live in Fransfield Grove and have had no power since 11am - I've just phoned EDF and have been told that it's a damaged cable and an engineer is on the case, but I've got to call back after 5.30 to find out a timescale of how long it will take to fix.

ah is that how long it was off for, it never came back on unitl just after 10pm. Apparently the workers sorting the water on our street decided to damage some electric cable when passing some of their pipes under the road and didn't bother to do anything about it, so EDF had to spnd 3 hours digging the road up to repair the cable. 2nd power cut in a week is just a little irritating, had to resort to monopoly under candle light last night :-)