Aw, the fellas are selling the villa :-(

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Savvy

Aw, the fellas are selling the villa :-(

Post by Savvy »

The gents who own the villa on Venner Rd have put it up for sale. We were very privileged to have a tour a couple of years ago. It is truly a gorgeous home. Wherever you're moving to chaps I wish you well and congratulate you on a superb refurb. I hope the next owners are as responsible and gifted as you two. Best of luck xx
lulu1

Re: Aw, the fellas are selling the villa :-(

Post by lulu1 »

I wish I could afford it; what a truly stunning house!!
Newboy

Post by Newboy »

Thank you. It has been a true labour of love 'saving' this amazing house over the last five years.
Now it doesn't leak, isn't falling down and has got back to its Victorian style we hope the next owners love it as much. We researched its history, built its family tree and hosted the great-grand-daughters of the original owners on trips from the US.
It's a wonderful house and we feel like we have just been caretaking it for a while.
alywin

Post by alywin »

What *is* its history? It looks as though it should be on a plantation in the American South, or something. I never did quite understand what it was doing there :)
luckygirl

Post by luckygirl »

Is this the big one on Venner Road? It's beautiful.
Has it been in any films? I thought it was a filmset at one point. May be wrong.